Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just E-mailed morepowerracing.com about the Power commander 5 for the 696. They replied that It will be released August 26! Too good to be true?

·
Registered
230 Posts
then the 1100 should be shortly after right? but it might be that it will not work below 19% throttle and 4,000 rpms unless you have the DP ECU

·
Registered
267 Posts
then the 1100 should be shortly after right? but it might be that it will not work below 19% throttle and 4,000 rpms unless you have the DP ECU
Unfortunately that's not the case with the 696 & 1100. The pair of O2 sensors and closed loop map are used on ALL of the Siemens ECUs. This includes stock, slip-on and full system ECUs. The only way a PCV will have full control of the entire map is if Dynojet is successful in the development in their O2 sensor eliminators. Their current version does not work with the Siemens ECU, but I believe they are working with a different type. I have a custom pair of O2 eliminators on my bike and so far it's running great with a new fueling module (http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=69490).

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats confusing... What exactly does that mean? That it is not as simple as getting a PCV, having someone install it, and then getting it tuned?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thats confusing... What exactly does that mean? That it is not as simple as getting a PCV, having someone install it, and then getting it tuned?
I believe he's saying that unless power commander comes out with a unit that can eliminate the stock O2 sensors, it will not work with ANY ECU, including the DP ECU.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I believe he's saying that unless power commander comes out with a unit that can eliminate the stock O2 sensors, it will not work with ANY ECU, including the DP ECU.
Correct.

The DP ECU supplied on all of the other current models is made by Marelli. It eliminates the O2 sensors and has a trim adjustment. The trim adjustment allows the tech to set the CO level at idle and you can alter the entire fuel map with a Power Commander. The DP ECU for the 696 & 1100 is made by Siemens (& Freescale/Continental). The Siemens DP ECU retains the O2 Sensors preventing a Power Commander from altering the closed loop portion of the map unless they eliminate the sensors. Without eliminating the sensors first, the ECU will try to correct any changes made by a Power Commander in the closed loop portion of the map (basically below 4K and 20% - 25% throttle openings).

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its up on the website as available!

·
Registered
53 Posts

It's been "available" and vendors have been taking orders, and money, since December of '08. I'll believe it when someone actually gets one installed and it works :rolleyes:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dynotjet/Power Commander will probably not spend the time and money to research a solution that will work with the 696/1100 ECU/fuel injection. It's not worth it to them. They may as well just focus on their bread and butter - Japanese sportbikes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts