Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 916, been thinking about doing a couple things to it since I recently wrecked my 600RR Honda. One great mod on my Honda was a full system Yoshimura and a Power Commander. The Honda was new for only a short period unfortunately and during that time I appreciated the remarkable performance of the machine and the cheaper prices for modifications. The stainless full system and Power Commander came in at about $1000, try to match that with a comparable system for a Ducati. Anyway, at this time I have a half system Termi with chip. Would it be worthwhile to install a Power Commander? What will the installation do for me?

·
Super Moderator
8,292 Posts
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

An -05 916? Sorry, but they stopped making them in 1998... Or do you mean a -95?

Either way, it´s really up to what type of chip you have on the bike now. A chip or powercommander isn´t a power booster unless it´s specifically made for the type of configuration that you have on the bike.

If your chip is programmable (FIM for example), that´s normally as good as a PC. If you decide to get a PC, then mounting it on a 916 takes all of 5 minutes. It´s really easy to do. THEN your have to take the bike to the dyno and map it out. The power commander will not really give you more power, but increased driveability, since the bike will always get the right amount of fuel at the right RPM and throttle.

The good thing about PC´s is that there are alot of tuningcenters that use them. If you decide to do enginge upgrades later, then the enginetuning will be simple, since you already have the PC on there. Just don´t forget to tell your service dept. about it when you leave the bike for servicing.

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
amullo said:
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

An -05 916? Sorry, but they stopped making them in 1998... Or do you mean a -95?

Thanks, I meant 95 916. I'm on pain killers. My Honda was an 05.

·
Super Moderator
8,292 Posts
John said:
Thanks, I meant 95 916. I'm on pain killers. My Honda was an 05.
No problem dude..

The advice still stands.
Powercommander
http://www.powercommander.com
Alot of centers can help you out. easy to install (No, really! it´s 2 quick connect fittings and your done!). I´m not sure that PC3 is availble for the 916.. but a PC for the 748 should work. It´s the same stuff on the bike. MUST BE mapped at a dyno center.

FIM-chip
http://www.fuelinmoto.com.au/weblist.html
Specifically made for your bike. doesn´t use interupt but actually IS a remap of your stock CPU. VERY easy, out with the old chip and in with the new. like 5 seconds of work. A little more expensive, but better then a PC, since you can also play with ignition curves.

These are FIM example compared to Ducati Performance chips. It´s probably about the same for a PC.. These things are just better at tuning the injection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts