Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be upgrading my 1098S in the near future. I currently have the full Termi system with DP ECU. I had the dealer tune the bike after I installed it. In my opinion the bike is running extremely rich below 4,000 rpm. I can tell this by the abrupt on off throttle response, poor drivablity between 3,000 and 4,000 rpm and the fact that it makes other people's eyes water when they ride behind me at slower crusing speeds. I do a few track days a year and I think having better low end drivabilty would give me a lot more confidence in slow speed chicanes/kinks etc.

My question is whether or not to attempt installing at PowerCommander 5 that is intended for the 1198 vs a PCIII USB. I looked at the install instructions and it appears that all the injector connections and wiring colors are identical to my bike (08 1098S). I would end up getting a custom tune so I'm not worried about there being a lack of available standard maps. I like the idea of being able to use the Autotune feature in the future if I decide to do so. Also the smaller size of the PowerCommander 5 is an attractive benift giving that there is almost no storage room under the passenger pylon. I install race bodywork when I take it to the track so I will probably end up mounting someplace else on the bike since there isn't a removable pylon on that bodywork.

Has anyone attempted installing the PowerCommander V on their 1098?

I know Dan Kyle is a bit of an expert with the PowerCommander products so I'm curious if he might have some input.

Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.... I'll keep that in mind. But seriously, has anyone tried this or thought of trying it?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I have a PC5 on my 848. I think that it should work fine. The Power Commander simply needs to have the right plugs, there is really no difference between the models. If the 848 and 1098 share the same plugs on the injectors, and tap the same wire for the TPS, it should work just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts