Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Power Commander 3 USB for the SC and PS for 06 and 07 "Graphs and Dyno"

here are the graphs on my PS. from stock to add on's to PCIII USB w/ coustom mapping. if anyone needs the map for the same set up as mine just pm me and i can get send you the map or tell you were i got my bike done at. the PCIII that you will need is part # 716-411 i got mine for $265

the 1st run is in blue. the bike was all stock with 1485mil on it.

the 2nd run is in brown with the DP ECU, Air box mod, BMC air filter and the 2 into 1 termi system.

the 3rd run is with all the add on's and a PCIII USB with coustom mapping, set at 13.0 to 1 air/fuel through out the map.

as you can see when the bike is at stock its torque dips at 3rpm and slowly comes back up to 6rpm were it tops off at. with the DP ECu it help it out alot, making it a nice curve. whit the power commander it made it much better, nice and smoth power ban and i've seen that the bike does not vibrate any more when im at low rpm, and opening it up to through out the higher rpm. with the PCIII it is like night and day. :D

just to let eveyone know you will need either a DP ECU (very expensive - appx. $1200.00) or a ECU from a pre '06' DS engined bike i.e. salvaged Multistrada, Supersport, much more economical. because the stock ECU from our SC/PS is a close loop system and the PCIII will not work with it.
If you have more questions just PM me.

the 1st pic is the BHP
the 2nd one is Troque
the 3rd one is HP, Torque, and Air/Fuel
the 4th pic is my PS

Attachments

· ROF
685 Posts
YellowDuck said:
Okay, this one gets my vote for "post of the month". Very nice contribution. I had no idea there were gains to be had with a PCIII on top of a DP ECU. Right on!
DITTO... Another "P of the M" from here!!!! :yeah:
It real nice to see the "facts"

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YellowDuck said:
I had no idea there were gains to be had with a PCIII on top of a DP ECU. Right on!
w/ the PCIII you can do so much more. im now thinking about getting a dyno jet quick shifter, but well see if i have the $$$. :rolleyes:

another thing is if you look at the graph, with the stock ECU our bikes rev up to about only 8600rmp. with the DP ECU it brings the rev up to 9000rpm.

· Registered
304 Posts
Another option?

Well, since we're at the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" stage, here's the first dyno run of my track bike from last month. That's with two FCR 41 carbs, an ignition box, stock headers, and two $42 cans.

I'm going to keep playing with it: I'm hoping to get at least in the low 90's range with real headers and cans. Right now it's hard to keep the front down, and you'd better be hanging on when you twist the throttle, even a little bit :D

· Registered
3,976 Posts
PSLE1000 said:
just to let eveyone know you will need either a DP ECU (very expensive - appx. $1200.00) or a ECU from a pre '06' DS engined bike i.e. salvaged Multistrada, Supersport, much more economical. because the stock ECU from our SC/PS is a close loop system and the PCIII will not work with it.
all the 1000ds bikes have had immobilisors, so if you buy a s/h original ecu you can't use it without the dash and keyset from the bike it was originally fitted to. i don't believe anyone has got around that yet.

· Registered
304 Posts
bradblack said:
all the 1000ds bikes have had immobilisors, so if you buy a s/h original ecu you can't use it without the dash and keyset from the bike it was originally fitted to. i don't believe anyone has got around that yet.

Hence the reason for my excursion in to the bizzare: Carbs & ignition box bypass all that BS :mad: !

· Premium Member
2,450 Posts
What I find interesting about those dyno graphs is that the mixture was apparently too *rich* with just the DP ECU that comes with the exhaust / airbox kit. It needed to be leaned out a bit for maximum power. Who woulda thunk it?

· Premium Member
1,543 Posts
ok, i'm a bit confused (nothing new here...) i've been reading about the "Rapid Bike" module and it appears to be able to solve all the issues by allowing custom mapping of fuel injection, ignition timing and rev limiter, separately from the stock ECU. it supposedly can also be reprogrammed for different mods (exhaust, air box, even switched to a different bike). does anyone know if, in fact, this unit is all i need to buy for my GT or do i still need a new ECU if i want to swap cans and get a few more ponies out of her?

· Registered
304 Posts
GTRossi said:
ok, i'm a bit confused (nothing new here...) i've been reading about the "Rapid Bike" module and it appears to be able to solve all the issues by allowing custom mapping of fuel injection, ignition timing and rev limiter, separately from the stock ECU. it supposedly can also be reprogrammed for different mods (exhaust, air box, even switched to a different bike). does anyone know if, in fact, this unit is all i need to buy for my GT or do i still need a new ECU if i want to swap cans and get a few more ponies out of her?

Unfortunately I only found out after I made the switch to carbs, but yes, as long as you have a good tuner with a dyno, the Rapid Bike module is all you'll need. At least that what my sources tell me. Feel free to check with Rob of Robs Dyno Tuning: his info is the dyno sheet I posted, and he's a Rapid Bike dealer.

· Registered
138 Posts
GTRossi said:
I have order the Rapid Bike and my GT is going to get custom map and dyno next week, I will post the results then

· Premium Member
1,543 Posts
excellent, itcaud!!
can't wait to see if this add-on does all it's supposed to - sounds like the one-piece answer to integrate all performance mods and get these bikes running tops. of course i'm (selfishly) happy to see that you have a GT and am hoping that i can follow your lead. btw - how much did the RB cost and did you need any special plugs/accessories to connect to the GT ECU? If so, what were the part numbers?

thanks in advance...

· Registered
138 Posts
GTRossi said:
excellent, itcaud!!
can't wait to see if this add-on does all it's supposed to - sounds like the one-piece answer to integrate all performance mods and get these bikes running tops. of course i'm (selfishly) happy to see that you have a GT and am hoping that i can follow your lead. btw - how much did the RB cost and did you need any special plugs/accessories to connect to the GT ECU? If so, what were the part numbers?

thanks in advance...

I do not have the parts with me they are at the dyno but it is the one for the Multistrada DS1000 ( RB3- injection, ignition and rpm management ) with the O2 sensor Eliminator for the Euro3, But I will get all parts number next week and I will post dyno results.

BTW I will be running the GT with Staintune pipes modified airbox lid and BMC air filter

JV

· Registered
122 Posts
What is a DP ECU?

Can someone please tell me what a "DP ECU" is?

Thanks,

PSLE1000 said:
here are the graphs on my PS. from stock to add on's to PCIII USB w/ coustom mapping. if anyone needs the map for the same set up as mine just pm me and i can get send you the map or tell you were i got my bike done at. the PCIII that you will need is part # 716-411 i got mine for $265

the 1st run is in blue. the bike was all stock with 1485mil on it.

the 2nd run is in brown with the DP ECU, Air box mod, BMC air filter and the 2 into 1 termi system.

the 3rd run is with all the add on's and a PCIII USB with coustom mapping, set at 13.0 to 1 air/fuel through out the map.

as you can see when the bike is at stock its torque dips at 3rpm and slowly comes back up to 6rpm were it tops off at. with the DP ECu it help it out alot, making it a nice curve. whit the power commander it made it much better, nice and smoth power ban and i've seen that the bike does not vibrate any more when im at low rpm, and opening it up to through out the higher rpm. with the PCIII it is like night and day. :D

If you have more questions just PM me.

the 1st pic is the BHP
the 2nd one is Troque
the 3rd one is HP, Torque, and Air/Fuel
the 4th pic is my PS

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.