Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd start a separate thread for this.

I'm having a hard time deciding on a color for my wheels. I originally thought red would look good, but I've been leaning toward black recently. I'm thinking about repainting the bike this winter and I'm not sure if I want to keep it black or go back to the original red. I'm thinking black on he wheels would look good either way and the red would be to much if I took the bike back to red.

What do you guys think would look best?

And as a bonus question, if I keep it black and go with red wheels should I go ahead and powder coat the frame to match the wheels?

·
Registered
224 Posts
My first thought before reading your entire post was red. I'm sticking with that. It's just gotta match your decals as closely as possible. Oh, and do the frame while you're at it!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That should be a pretty easy match. Krylon red is what I used on the screens in the tail and they match the decals perfectly.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I choose gold also.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
You could go with both...I powdered these in candy red and then painted the ice black and cleared the whole thing. I do a lot of this kind of thing for car guys too and they hold up great.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could go with both
That's bad a$$. I thought about doing something like that too. The coating place I called said they can do multiple colors. Daddy like. And the frame definitely sets the whole thing off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You could go with both...I powdered these in candy red and then painted the ice black and cleared the whole thing. I do a lot of this kind of thing for car guys too and they hold up great.

i've seen this bike before on here but those wheels look awesome.. nice job!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I thought I'd start a separate thread for this.

I'm having a hard time deciding on a color for my wheels. I originally thought red would look good, but I've been leaning toward black recently. I'm thinking about repainting the bike this winter and I'm not sure if I want to keep it black or go back to the original red. I'm thinking black on he wheels would look good either way and the red would be to much if I took the bike back to red.

What do you guys think would look best?

And as a bonus question, if I keep it black and go with red wheels should I go ahead and powder coat the frame to match the wheels?
It looks great the way it is...maybe save the money and put it towards some performance upgrades or something. :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! Problem is the paint is a home spray job. He did a great job, but there is some fisheye here and there and some thin spray in places. The stickers are on top and it didn't get cleared. I made the mistake of paste waxing it once. It took almost an hour with a toothbrush to get the stickers cleaned up from the paste. The back wheel has black funk all over it on the non swing arm side that I cant get off. It radiates from the hub and for the life of me I can't figure out what it is, but it won't come off. Purple dragon, Goof-Off, 000 steel wool, scotch pads...nothing worked. Managed to rub through the finish though in one spot in a fit of overzealous scrubbing. It looks good if you don't notice the flaws, but growing up around hotrods and custom cars I get anal about imperfections.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts