Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am changing the tires on my 04 749S and for some reason in the back of my head I keep thinking that the Marchesni rims are magnesium, is this correct or am I just crazy? Want to know because I talked to a guy at the company I was looking to have it done at and he said yes if that's what they are then he would not advise powder coating them. Any pictures of what other people have done with their rims would be appreciated too, thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Post pics of your wheels. Unless a previous owner actually bought some mags for it they are cast aluminum. Magnesium can be powdercoated without any problems by a competent shop. Something about the bake heat if I recall right.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I would bet they are OEM cast aluminium. I'm 100% sure the seller would have made big deal about mag wheels if it had them.

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
Then they're cast aluminum.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Fwiw price out the Cush drives for the rear wheel if your thinking of powder coating.they are quite expensive and are often destroyed when removing(which you need to when powder coating)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the heads up on those I was looking at removing them before you said something and couldn't see any good way of removing them without tearing them up, glad you said something about price. But anyhow I ended up with just painting them, I will post some pictures of them after I get them back from getting them pin striped but this is where they were when I dropped them off:

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the pink is after i put the primer on it and it's pinl because that was the color of the sealer i had not the actual color haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts