Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know those silver covers have been bugging people since the SF came out. I also see some people have put carbon fiber covers on which look nice. I wanted to see what a low gloss black powder coat would look like and I am very pleased with the results and the price. Attached pics...........

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Me too. Also did the rear pegs. I think it turned out great. Doing the handlebars next.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I know those silver covers have been bugging people since the SF came out. I also see some people have put carbon fiber covers on which look nice. I wanted to see what a low gloss black powder coat would look like and I am very pleased with the results and the price. Attached pics...........
looks great, I will be doing this also, how much did it set ya back? now its time to start working to scrub off your chicken strips :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
looks great, I will be doing this also, how much did it set ya back? now its time to start working to scrub off your chicken strips :D
I was waiting for someone to say that. I reserve that type of riding for the track. Track days Aug. 17th/18th should do it ;)

I will say that I've done some spirited riding on this thing and was surprised as to how much more edge I had available. Can't wait to see what it can really do!

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
I was waiting for someone to say that. I reserve that type of riding for the track. Track days Aug. 17th/18th should do it ;)

I will say that I've done some spirited riding on this thing and was surprised as to how much more edge I had available. Can't wait to see what it can really do!
Just don't crash it like me!!! :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me too. Also did the rear pegs. I think it turned out great. Doing the handlebars next.

Damm, forgot to do the rear pegs. I am planning on replacing the front ones like you did though. Where did you get your pegs form? Your bike looks good

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, a local guy did it for $30 including picking it up and dropping it of. He did some work for me on my Triumph S3 as well and did a great job.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks, a local guy did it for $30 including picking it up and dropping it of. He did some work for me on my Triumph S3 as well and did a great job.
Mine was also $30 bucks! I was definitely cut a break as they usually have $120 minimum.

Pegs are competition werks. They are the 848 version. They require some grinding to make them fit though. They are the grippiest pegs I could find and look great Imo.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I've done the rad cover plates a while ago also, while I was at it, I had the clutch cover done too, after I notched the holes out for ventilation; after that, I sanded the powder off the DUCATI and I love it!. What bugged me the most from day 1 was the shorter hose connecting the 2 radiators and the clamps they used on it, WTF! Home Depot special on a 19K$ bike?
Any way, I'm in the middle of assassinating the exhaust system, did you guys have, by any chance taken a look inside the stock cans? It looks like a bee hive, and about 10lb each, I wonder why they used cast brackets!

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Those radiator covers look great.

I was thinking about busting out some BBQ paint, but the powder coating is clearly better.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Why did you save the exhaust valve? Pipe looks nice.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Why did you save the exhaust valve? Pipe looks nice.
According to my dealer, which is also my mechanic, if you get rid of the exhaust valve there will be problems, unless of course you're running DP ECU which I don't have. I'm trying not to give the DTC wrong informations while the bike is running otherwise I'd be happy to ditch it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
According to my dealer, which is also my mechanic, if you get rid of the exhaust valve there will be problems, unless of course you're running DP ECU which I don't have. I'm trying not to give the DTC wrong informations while the bike is running otherwise I'd be happy to ditch it.

My mechanic told me the same thing when he put the Tremini's slip ons on. Bike runs great now after tuning, balancing the throttle bodies and setting the TPS to 3.4 deg

I like what you did with the clutch cover. I thought the same about the radiator clamps........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts