Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since you're only eliminating one of the cats, is there any potential harm that can be done in the future if you install a pair of slip-ons as opposed to a half-system which would eliminate the cats completely?... since the air flow would be more restricted on one side with running slip-ons?

My only purpose for the slip-ons/half-system is to make my "lawnmower-sounding" 999 sound like a Ducati. I could care less about a few extra ponies. It already has all the grunt I'll ever be able to utilize. Also, what about the tone? Is there any, or much of a difference in the exhaust note between slip-ons and a half-system? BTW, I most likely will be going with a Remus set-up if that matters at all in regards to my question. Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
999 exhaust

I had the same question for my 04 999, I've decided on the Termi half system only because it comes with a ECU so you don't have to mess with a PC, Dyno time etc. My dealer isn't a fan of the Power Commander for Ducati's and since he's going to install the exhaust, I'm going with his suggestions. The last thing I want to do is toast my engine. I want to get a better sound and keep my mid range, the bike will be used mostly for the road and a few track days and I think the half system wiil do this. The sound may not be as nice as some of the other systems out there, but I'll live with that knowing that the system is compatible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts