Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
that looks surprisingly good. I'm always surprised at how versatile the SC design is... I've seen modifications change the bike completely. Didn't expect those wheels to fit the SC, but it really looks great.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
here's mine. Same 999R forged wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
here's mine. Same 999R forged wheels.
Cool stuff man... So, i know there are a few posts on this topic, but it would really be nice to get it from the source...

1. My understanding is that the rear wheel is a direct fit (swap)..?

2. Front wheel just requires custom spacers... Performance Parts (DE) Artikel-Nr.: 40-0700

3. Original rotors and calipers can be used.

Thanks a lot in advance...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Cool stuff man... So, i know there are a few posts on this topic, but it would really be nice to get it from the source...

2. Front wheel just requires custom spacers... Performance Parts (DE) Artikel-Nr.: 40-0700

It's a little more effort ( when you'r using 749 / 999 wheels )

1. The rear wheel needs the spacer kit from performanceparts.de + rear calpiper and caliper plate from 999 .

2. The front wheels is built in ( no problem unless you 'll buy 4piston calipers )

3. Front rotors are different ( 5 bolt ( 749 / 999 ) instead of 6 bolt .

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
It's a little more effort ( when you're using 749 / 999 wheels )

1. The rear wheel needs the spacer kit from performanceparts.de + rear caliper and caliper plate from 999 .

2. The front wheels is built in ( no problem unless you 'll buy 4piston calipers )

So this is the part list for retrofitting a SC/PS with 999/749 wheels:

1. 999 Wheels (duh)
2. 999 Front Rotors
3. 999 Rear Caliper
4. 999 Rear Caliper support bracket / mount
5. Rear Wheel Spacer kit...

Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

Here's my two cents:

1- rear wheel is a direct fit but you need a new sprocket. Stock one won't fit. I have stock rear rotor and brake, no problem.
2- yes, front wheel will require the proper spacers.
3-Original rotors can be used, but if you want to keep the stock calipers you need to get an offset adaptor. Whereas the 4P brembos I put on there are a direct fit with with new wheels and stock rotors. Personally, I think it's a good opportunity to upgrade your brakes, since you can't do that with stock wheels.

well worth it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It's a little more effort ( when you'r using 749 / 999 wheels )

1. The rear wheel needs the spacer kit from performanceparts.de + rear calpiper and caliper plate from 999 .

interesting... that's the direct opposite of my set up... weird.

·
Registered
83 Posts
interesting... that's the direct opposite of my set up... weird.
Indeed , but I think there's a big difference when you are using
Marchesini 10 spoke wheels from a 749 / 999 or when you have Marchesini 10 spoke wheels especially for the SC1000.

I have the 999 wheels and for me is the setup like I wrote

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Here's my two cents:

1- rear wheel is a direct fit but you need a new sprocket. Stock one won't fit. I have stock rear rotor and brake, no problem.
2- yes, front wheel will require the proper spacers.
3-Original rotors can be used, but if you want to keep the stock calipers you need to get an offset adaptor. Whereas the 4P brembos I put on there are a direct fit with with new wheels and stock rotors. Personally, I think it's a good opportunity to upgrade your brakes, since you can't do that with stock wheels.

well worth it.
Ok so now i got it... Excellent. Its just the previous poster's explanation of the fit was, just like you said, almost an opposite of yours. I was puzzled for a minute but then decided to throw it out there for the sanity check and to get a confirmation...

So here we are with the part list

1. 999 Wheels (OEM parts, Ebay, etc)

2. New sprocket to fit 999 (!) (Supersprox or whatever), wanted to get a new one anyway... Strangely the largest sprocket i could find was Supersprox in 39T... Interesting... Would need to upgrate the front sprocket as well, as much as i don't like it.

3. Perfomaceparts(DE) Spacer kit... (from my previous post)

4. 4P, Axial, 65mm Brembos for the front... (is this the part? )

Also do you know who sells an offset adapter for the stock caliper to fit 999 wheels?

Thanks!

P.S. Nice helmet BTW, i almost got one of these... but Suomys don't fit me all that well...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok so now i got it... Excellent. Its just the previous poster's explanation of the fit was, just like you said, almost an opposite of yours. I was puzzled for a minute but then decided to throw it out there for the sanity check and to get a confirmation...

2. New sprocket to fit 999 (!) (Supersprox or whatever), wanted to get a new one anyway... Strangely the largest sprocket i could find was Supersprox in 39T... Interesting... Would need to upgrate the front sprocket as well, as much as i don't like it. ( I bought a Supersprox 39T sprocket and a 14T in the front )

3. Perfomaceparts(DE) Spacer kit... (from my previous post) : OK

4. 4P, Axial, 65mm Brembos for the front... (is this the part? ) : These are the one , but then you'll have to made custom rotors whitch need a 10 mm offset instead of 15mm like the stock 999 rotors

Also do you know who sells an offset adapter for the stock caliper to fit 999 wheels? : If you use your stock caliper , there's no problem at all
They will fit with the 999 rotors.
This is the reason why :
Original wheel hub + rotors = 115mm + ( 2 x 10mm ) = 135mm
999 wheel + 999 rotors : 105mm + ( 2 x 15mm ) = 135mm
Thanks!

P.S. Nice helmet BTW, i almost got one of these... but Suomys don't fit me all that well...
Answers in blue

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Answers in blue
Understood... Thanks a lot!

So i guess besides the wheels i can use all stock braking components... original brakes are fine in my view for street riding.

Only the sprockets need to be replaced...? Rear to fit the 999 wheel, and front to improve the gearing somewhat since the largest rear sprocket for 999/749 are 39T.

Excellent.

Thanks again! eBay here i come..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Understood... Thanks a lot!

So i guess besides the wheels i can use all stock braking components... original brakes are fine in my view for street riding.

Only the sprockets need to be replaced...? Rear to fit the 999 wheel, and front to improve the gearing somewhat since the largest rear sprocket for 999/749 are 39T.

Excellent.

Thanks again! eBay here i come..
One thing you forgot , You need a rear caliper mountplate and rear caliper from a 999

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Indeed , but I think there's a big difference when you are using
Marchesini 10 spoke wheels from a 749 / 999 or when you have Marchesini 10 spoke wheels especially for the SC1000.

I have the 999 wheels and for me is the setup like I wrote
Indeed, I got my wheels new and not off another bike, but they are the same exact wheels used on the 999R...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

2. New sprocket to fit 999 (!) (Supersprox or whatever), wanted to get a new one anyway... Strangely the largest sprocket i could find was Supersprox in 39T... Interesting... Would need to upgrate the front sprocket as well, as much as i don't like it.

3. Perfomaceparts(DE) Spacer kit... (from my previous post)

4. 4P, Axial, 65mm Brembos for the front... (is this the part? )

Also do you know who sells an offset adapter for the stock caliper to fit 999 wheels?

Thanks!

1-the OEM 999 wheels and the 999R wheels are not the same, so I'm not exactly sure that it's the same set up, and this is probably why Rbea's setup is different than mine.

2-I got same gearing as stock from motowheels.

3-that should work.

4-these are the exact calipers I used and I did not need to offset the stock rotor.

motowheels used to have it... not sure if they till do.

(thanks for the compliment on the helmet! ;) )

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
1 - 20 of 105 Posts