Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in Austria (with my wife) on our ST4s in June and thought it might be an idea to meet a few other European correspondents to the site.

We will be staying at the Tramserhof Hotel in Landeck and can leave Friday
20th free or Saturday 21st for a late morning meet and possible ride (1-200 Mls ?)
Followed by a chat over an early meal.
(This would not be a balls-out thrash jus a pleasant ride through some stunning scenry - Route suggestions can be discussed if we get any responses ...Stelvio ?)

Anyway , if anyone wants to show an interest/make a commitment we can start to fine tune arrangements.

·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone out there ?

Hi Rainman
Nice to here from you , Guess its a bit far but you'd be welcome !
Maybe a few locals will reply nearer the time , I'm gonna leave the date clear anyway....its nice to widen horizons with new friends.

·
Registered
447 Posts
So are you riding down?

·
Administrator
5,908 Posts
I go to Europe twice a year.
Mainly in the Czech Republic area, Austria, Germany.

But I need to head East and see what else the world offers.

And the UK may be coming soon.
I need to corrupt more people!

LOL

·
Super Moderator
8,185 Posts
Well.. You succesfully corrupted Sweden, thats for sure! :D

I´ll be heading to Italy in July on the bike. Talk about a roadtrip..

//amullo

·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can get to Landeck in a day if I take interesting roads (ten or so passes along the CH/I border), half a day on boring roads.

Tom
How many hours would that be ?
Would be nice to see you if you could make it.

·
Chilehead
6,979 Posts
My prefered route would be 8-10 hours, depending on stops and road conditions.

Probably Ceneri, SanBernardino, Julier, Bernina, Forcola, Foscagno, Stelvio, Resia.

Alternatively, insert Albula and Fluela after Julier, followed by Fuorn and Umbrail instead of Bernina, Forcola, Foscagno.

Tom

·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So are you riding down?
Wasn't sure who this was aimed at but if me , yes we will be coming down from Ijmuiden through Germany (3 riding days including down to the ferry port in the UK) so am allowing a few rest days as overall it will be quite a bit of riding fully kitted and two-up but looking forward to a lighter bike for the Alpine roads.............thats why I just love the ST4s !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Europe meet

I will be in Austria (with my wife) on our ST4s in June and thought it might be an idea to meet a few other European correspondents to the site.

20th free or Saturday 21st for a late morning meet and possible ride (1-200 Mls ?)
(This would not be a balls-out thrash jus a pleasant ride through some stunning scenry - Route suggestions can be discussed if we get any responses ...Stelvio ?)

Anyway , if anyone wants to show an interest/make a commitment we can start to fine tune arrangements.

Hi,
Not going to Austria nor in June but me & some friends are going to France (possibly Honfleur) for the first May bank holiday, only for a couple of days. I have a yellow ST4S but am hiring a Harley Road King for the weekend just for the crack. Anyone interested to join us is very welcome.
On another sort of related tack, I am attempting to set up a regular riding season Sunday meet in Whitstable (North Kent coast) There are loads of potential venues but I would recommend the "Duke" (get it?) of Cumberland where they serve great beer & food & it's just across the road from the beach

·
Registered
447 Posts
Wasn't sure who this was aimed at but if me , yes we will be coming down from Ijmuiden through Germany (3 riding days including down to the ferry port in the UK) so am allowing a few rest days as overall it will be quite a bit of riding fully kitted and two-up but looking forward to a lighter bike for the Alpine roads.............thats why I just love the ST4s !
Was at you... What route are you guys taking down? I would recommend the Eifel.

·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Viperguy

Sorry for the lack of response , my internet connection went down non the day you posted and have only just got back on line.
We were in your area last year (stayed at the Panorama in Cochem with my local club , was the second time and it was great , we did a ride-out tp Trier and was very impressed by the old town - Your area is certainly very beautiful and a biker heaven , Just like Scotland but with better waether !
We will be ging straight down on the autoroutes (A7 mainly) and looking to stop overnight at Langenau so that we have an easy 3rd day ride into the Alps and a reasonable early arrival at the hotel but appreciate the suggestion and certainly would recommend your area to others with more time.

·
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re-Post as closer to date

Still have 20th Free if anybody wants top come over for a chat &/or ride-out ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts