Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
More than a few have. Then they try to pawn it off as an SP. Don't do that.

It doesn't take much in the way of parts to do the conversion. As far as I could tell, nearly all the parts are still available from Ducati Omaha.

If you can't find reasonable used bodywork on eBay, I'd recommend calling AirTech. Their 'glass is super light weight, and accurate in reproduction. Once painted, no one would know it wasn't OEM Ducati unless you told them, or they looked at the backside of the 'glass........sean
True, it is what it is. Don’t try making it something it isn’t.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wouldn't have a clue what it would sell for- it has a lot of non stock stuff on it- SP front end, solo tail, FCRs, ferracci exhaust. Definitely not for someone looking for originality. I think it's a beautiful machine as it stands and couldn't imagine myself parting with this one.
That’s all that matters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hope it’s not to late to tell ya I have my 800ss for sale. Needs nothing. Ready to go. $3900.

If you’re interested let me know I can send more pictures and info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve read about the possible weakness in the steering stem. That’s a concern. I will have to buy this sight unseen, but at that price, I think it’s worth the risk. I THINK...
I just repaired a cracked steering head on mine and it worked out to be about a thousand bucks by the time the frame was repainted. Just FYI.

·
Registered
119 Posts
In 2010 I decided I wanted a belt SS to add to my stable and found a mint, original 6000 mile CR for $4000. They haven’t gone up in value much so my suggestion is be patient and look for something similar. The cost of repairs on a rough bike far exceeds the extra market value of a very clean SS.

Re CR versus full faired SS, I actually prefer the CR. The steel swing arm is stronger and doesn’t crack, the narrower rear wheel produces better handling and the half fairing is lighter and makes then bike easier to service. The main issue in my mind with the CR is that later bikes have cheaply made Marzocchi forks. That can be rectified by buying a set of used Showas and they bolt on. The Boge rear shock can also be replaced although I haven’t seen the need to do it yet on mine.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts