Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealer has a 2006 Ducati Monster 620 available with 4,661 miles.
I have no Ducati experience - any advice, comments?

Thank You

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looking for comments from someone who has owned one.
I know the 900's are excellent.
Not much response on this forum, disappointing.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just looking for comments from someone who has owned one.
I know the 900's are excellent.
Not much response on this forum, disappointing.
You got a response in 23 minutes. He asked a very valid question. Others may have been waiting for you to answer the questions so they would know how to respond. I could tell you it is a great starter bike, nice for commuting, can go two-up, and stuff like that, but if you are looking to use it as a track bike, all of those opinions wouldn't matter. Please give us a little background on you and your intentions and you will probably get the help you are looking for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Possible Purchase

Local dealer has a 2006 Ducati Monster 620 available with 4,661 miles.
I have no Ducati experience - any advice, comments?

Thank You

·
Registered
371 Posts
as was asked in the other thread, what is your riding background and your intended use? With a little more info we can be a lot more helpful.

btw, bike in my avatar is my 620 SS. Put on almost 14k miles since Sept 08 and have no plans on selling it. I've taken it to the track twice, done about 3k miles 2-up, easily did 450 miles in a day, and commute almost every day weather permits.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's a great overall bike that can provide years of reliable service. As mentioned already, evaluate this type of bike as it fits your needs and experience. I believe the 620 is a good entry-level bike that gives you enough growing room to enjoy it far longer than a smaller bike that you'll grow out of quickly. The air-cooled 2v engines in the 620 are bulletproof and fun to live with and work on, and heck it's a Monster so it looks good too.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Can't speak for the 620 m, but our 620 Multi is a real hoot! I am a pretty experienced rider, about 32 yrs and still love to get on the little multi. I am so in love with that motor.

Since the author will not divulge any intended info or past info on himself, I think he should get a honda

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Mark, but I recently sold my Honda and am really glad as I see you have one.

I was hoping for input on reliability, maintenance as a daily use vehicle and if there are any particular issues with this model or model years.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Actually,

I won the Honda. Won't buy a Honda just for the way they treat, or should I say mis-treat their racers. Great bikes otherwise!

Mark

·
Registered
923 Posts
thread starter = butt hole

i have a honda too.....a 73 sohc cb500....great bike for early spring and fall.:D:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OSC: "thread starter = butt hole"

Is that your best reply to someone looking for specific bike information?
Pretty weak, go back to your nap.

mxwinky - THANK YOU for the information.

"It's a great overall bike that can provide years of reliable service. As mentioned already, evaluate this type of bike as it fits your needs and experience. I believe the 620 is a good entry-level bike that gives you enough growing room to enjoy it far longer than a smaller bike that you'll grow out of quickly. The air-cooled 2v engines in the 620 are bulletproof and fun to live with and work on, and heck it's a Monster so it looks good too."

·
Registered
729 Posts
620's are probably one of Ducati's most reliable bikes. Air cooled 2V w/simple swing arm. Still, it is a Ducati and will require more maintenence than equivilent rice burners.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts