Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this subject has been discussed before, but usually the answer is that it is caused by the USA ECU, which must be changed to the EU version; however, my GT1000 is a UK bike and has just developed this problem. It does not backfire, it just produces popping noises on the overrun on the front cylinder only. I have been over the exhaust system and checked for leaks, so does anyone have any other ideas?

I'm wondering if fuel pressure could be the culprit.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Has the exhaust system been taken apart recently? It only takes a small air leak to cause this problem.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it started for no apparent reason. When the fuel pipe came off in the tank I thought I had found the reason, but it is still the same.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
When was your last vale adjustment? Long shot, but a valve way out could contribute to that. All my backfiring has been fuel mixture related though. Strange that it started out of nowhere...most likely for that is an intake vacuum leak or exhaust leak.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is something I will have to check, but my last check was only 2000 miles ago and I'll be surprised (and worried) if it has changed.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Just a wild guess but the only time my bike has ever popped on deceleration, it turned out that the TPS needed to be reset.
(This was of course after I installed Termi's and correct new ecu map)

Might be worth a try, especially if you have the means to do it yourself.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, yes, something else that I've thought could need doing, but I can't do it myself and my nearest dealer is either a day's round trip away or through impossible traffic in London, so that's out!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick update: I checked the valve clearances, which were OK, so with no other evidence, I richened up the FatDuc, turning it to the three-quarter position - problem solved! Mystery....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts