Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Popping on deceleration

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Siddo 
#1 ·
I just finished installing my LV mid-pipe with my Termi slip-on. I have the Tuneboy tune+cruise and loaded 3 different maps, including the Full Termi trim file. However, the bike still pops pretty badly when I decelerate. I'm not sure if I need a new map or dyno tune to correct. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers

#3 ·
Absolutely normal. On deceleration SAS injects fresh air into exhaust and it causes unburned fuel to ignite in the headers. More noticable without cat.
The only solution is to disable SAS. Don't know if this is an option on your bike, but AFAIK new Multi's (1260) won't run good with SAS removed.

#4 ·
Mine does the same with the arrow, matter of fact with the PC tuning if you blip the throttle while standing and the temp is not above 100, it shoots flames out the can.
?....all good!

#5 ·
That’s good to know. When I put a full system on my S2R1000 there was a lot of popping until I installed the race ECU.
I called a local tuner and he charges $750+ to do a custom tune. I’d like to see if there’s a trim file that works well before spending more money

#6 ·
That's sounds like a lot of cash, my dealer spent (he said) 3hrs to dyno and make a map for my bike and that was $360.

#7 ·
That's sounds like a lot of cash, my dealer spent (he said) 3hrs to dyno and make a map for my bike and that was $360.

#8 ·
A

I thought so too! This guy used to be listed on the Tuneboy site as a local tuner but he stopped using TB because it was so difficult and finicky. He said he had problems getting the software to load on his laptops and got no support from Wayne so he stopped using TB. I told him the software was working on my computer and he could use that. I think the price reflects the hassle he anticipates having with the program.

This post has been deleted
#10 · (Edited)
It's not that bad... even with the db killer out the popping is not deafening. It can be pretty loud but I've never even had anyone look when the bike popped.

Some people will be annoyed... but most won't care. My cousin with the bone stock 13S complained at every mod I've made to mine and complains about the noise but he's the only person I've ridden with who has.

But then again... THIS doens't bother me:

so maybe I'm not a good judge. :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.