Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crashed my track only 944 Ducati hard enough that it needed new exhaust.All the other damage was bodywork and controls.It had a pair of really big Akra's on it before and didn't backfire or pop when downshifting.Now with a pair of Remus cans installed,it pops with every downshift.(only a run up and down my street).It's fuel injected,so i don't think anything could have changed.Could a slightly more restrictive exhaust cause this?Do i need an expensive dyno session now to remap?

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
The most common reason for backfiring is that a newly-installed exhaust pipe or slip-on is not fitting properly. Aftermarket pipes are not a precision fit and often they let in combustion air that, when mixed with unburned fuel, results in the fuel being burned in the muffler. If this is the case, use a high temperature silicon sealant at the joint to the slip-on to keep the air out.

I recommend Permatex Ultra-Copper high temp RTV silicone gasket maker #101BR for the aftermarket slip-on system joints.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips everyone.It was the header gaskets.Took it up and down the street this aft.It was perfect.What a relief.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts