Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Poping, Spitting, Farting Termi

2879 15
Heya folks,

Just picked up my new MTS 1200 S Touring yesterday with the full Termi installed on delivery by the dealer. Absolutley love the bike, but I have a question - or more a concern. I was warned about the popping and cackle on decel and was expecting it having owned many Harley's with straight pipes, but this does seem a bit excessive and unpredictable. It's even backfired through the airbox a few times which gave me cause for alarm. This suggests a fueling issue to me which seems odd seeing as it comes with the race ECU and was supposed to have been tuned by the dealership.

Anyone else experience this sort of issue with the full Termi? Should this even out over the next few days as I put on more miles? Any recomedations to try and smooth this out?

Tempted to take it back to the dealership and see if they can fix it or at least take out the backfire from the airbox.

Thanks for the input!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take it back. It's running lean and may also have air leaks in the exhaust fittings.
It could be, but man it smells rich. I mean it is seriously noticeable especially on start and while it is idling, it just hangs in the air. Throttle response is good though so it's not so rich that it bogs down and my ST4S runs hotter at the same speeds and ambient air temperature.

I would have thought if it was lean it would run hotter and the raw fuel smell would be less noticeable. Just an assumption though.

Thanks for the responses so far!

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took it up to MCC where I purchased it from and had them do a bit of tweaking to it. Apparently they richened up the rear cylinder a bit and that seemed to cure the problem. I assume they are referring to the air bleed on the throttle bodies? They said the front was full seated and the read had a bout 1 turn left if it needed a bit more. I assume fully seated is full rich for that cylinder?

Runs a lot better now, not spitting and farting as much. Hasn't backfired through the air box again either. Hopefully problem solved, but I would like to understand the adjustment they made a bit better and where on the throttle body it is located.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.