Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I had the first service done on my 2012 MTS ABS (1,000km) and then decided to change out a few things..

Fitted a Pikes Peak shield, carbon rear guard, carbon snorkels, Arrow exhaust system, Arrow mirrors, Fatducs and Evotech tidy Tail then set all compression and dampener settings (front and rear) to default as the manual states (they were all screwed up and not uniformly set between left and right sides). Throttle body air bypass were way out, vertical pot was 3 turns out while the front pot was fully closed, they are now both 1/2 a turn out.

Hows the bike now... unreal. Runs, idles, starts, sounds, handles and grabs attention everywhere it goes - just like a DUCATI SHOULD. No more low RPM fuel surging, no more high RPM idle after changing down through gears. If I wrap it on the front come ups with ease in 2nd, if I milk it the same in 3rd.

Clocked up 1500k's before washing the beast and locking it away, while I'm away overseas until I return at Xmas time... can't wait!!

Anyone who has not checked their suspension and idle AFR settings since buying their bike should, don't rely on service centres checking, my bike was pre delivered at one dealer and had its first service done at another... neither of them picked any of this up!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
what are the stock setting on the suspension?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
and adjsut that front pre-load if you are a bit light....it's set from the factory almost at max. Backing that off to give me about 38mm sag made a WORLD of difference to my front end...as did dropping the front tyre a few PSI. (34).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
and adjsut that front pre-load if you are a bit light....it's set from the factory almost at max. Backing that off to give me about 38mm sag made a WORLD of difference to my front end...as did dropping the front tyre a few PSI. (34).
your onto it.. I'm about 2.0 out on front compression and 1.25 damping, 35psi less a bit on the front, dropped the rear to about the same - I'm 85kg, it transformed the bike. even my seat pants are happier, corner disruptions seem more predicable AND the line holds way better. I figure the suspension springs still as' some settling so another enjoyable day tinkering with the well serviced fridge again is on the horizon..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
and if you get a PCV...you can take your laptop on every trip and REALLY tinker!!

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Bike looks Great AllaHat - almost all the same mods that have been / in the process of doing to mine!

Stiffer Springs-

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Odd that your front preload was almost maxed from the factory.

Mine had 0 preload from the factory, i had to max mine to get the sag set for my weight. It almost felt as if there were no spring on the right fork, the left felt tighter and seemed to make most of the difference.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did you have to take the handlebars off to set the sag, seems like a PITA to do if so, and what is the size of the socket you used I think it's a 32mm. Thxs.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Did you have to take the handlebars off to set the sag, seems like a PITA to do if so, and what is the size of the socket you used I think it's a 32mm. Thxs.
I just used an open/box combo wrench and went 1/4 to 1/2 turn at a time, and left the bars on. I think it was a 21 or 22 mm wrench, i just used a BOC wrench(big old crescent)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bike looks Great AllaHat - almost all the same mods that have been / in the process of doing to mine!

Stiffer Springs-
yeah I'm quite happy with the look of things now, the second photo with the Arrow pipe really doesn't do the bike justice.. I'll grab a decent one next time round. I think the biggest improvement looks wise came from the tidy tail and mirrors, they stripped the bike of all the dagga cling on bits, the bikes lines now seem to be more prominent, some angles really look slick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts