Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last Tuesday I had my first accident, lucky to walk out of it with only road rash. Can't say the same for the Hyper. However, Progressive hooked me up and I was able to get a 18' model (I had a 16'). They said the only upgrades to the new model was software updates. After being use to the 16' with it struggling in first and sometimes second I can definitely tell a difference. The updates made the bike feel much smoother in the low gears/low RPM. I'm putting a new slip on today and have two extra stock exhausts for sale if any one is interested in them. Not sure if anyone even wants a stock exhaust, but I thought I would post on this forum before I try to sale elsewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well last Tuesday I had my first accident, lucky to walk out of it with only road rash. Can't say the same for the Hyper. However, Progressive hooked me up and I was able to get a 18' model (I had a 16'). They said the only upgrades to the new model was software updates. After being use to the 16' with it struggling in first and sometimes second I can definitely tell a difference. The updates made the bike feel much smoother in the low gears/low RPM. I'm putting a new slip on today and have two extra stock exhausts for sale if any one is interested in them. Not sure if anyone even wants a stock exhaust, but I thought I would post on this forum before I try to sale elsewhere.

I was going to put a “like” on the post but u would never do that to your old gal. :( thank God you are safe. By the way and sorry to bother would you sell me that intact hand guard, please thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate it sir! Unfortunately I don't have access to the wrecked bike or else I would man. The insurance had to take it since it was totaled. Sorry man!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Appreciate it sir! Unfortunately I don't have access to the wrecked bike or else I would man. The insurance had to take it since it was totaled. Sorry man!

Ahhhh ok, thanks anyway and congrats on the new one. Personally I love my 1100, it’s tearing my arms apart but low it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Damn, you definitely totaled it! If you feel like it I'd be curious to hear how the crash happened. My biggest fear with this bike is crashing and totaling it as it is always urging me to do stupid things.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Damn, you definitely totaled it! If you feel like it I'd be curious to hear how the crash happened. My biggest fear with this bike is crashing and totaling it as it is always urging me to do stupid things.

When I am on my monsters I always behave but on this sh-t it’s always daredevil meets stupidity

·
Registered
364 Posts
I know the feeling man. Mine got crunched a couple of months ago. Glad you are ok.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel ya there man, its a fun bike to do some stupid shit on hence why I got the same exact bike again :laugh:

Heres the story:

I was riding on the highway actually going the speed limit for once. I turn to my left for a second or two to look for any cars since I was about to merge. When I came back to look in front of me the lady was completely stopped in her lane -_-
I did 60 mph into the back of her car, fell off the side of it and tumbled for 20-30 feet down the highway. When I asked her why she came to a complete stop on the highway she couldn't give me a straight answer of course. Took the ambulance to the ER, they gave me a full check, only injuries were road rash on my arms and legs. The officers were even so nice to give me a ticket while I was in the trauma room for "Failure to Exercise the Highest Degree of Care".

·
Registered
364 Posts
Btw, I also have progressive and they took care of me very well. I’m Still working things out from the other insurance company though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Glad you are ok and everything worked out. What I’m really curious about is how the insurance replaced your 2 year old bike with a new one. I always thought they would just try to pay out the bikes value.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even more for gear. I walked away without a scratch (bruising though) from this:
Holy shit man, thats crazy you only had the scratches and bruising. Glad you're alright though, sucks about the Hyper :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad you are ok and everything worked out. What I’m really curious about is how the insurance replaced your 2 year old bike with a new one. I always thought they would just try to pay out the bikes value.

I have this option on the my insurance thats called "Total Loss Coverage". Essentially they replace my bike with a year new model or quote my bike at that price at least. I can't tell you why they did it for a 2018 but I'm not complaining lol. I'm pretty sure I made money on this accident, always a bright side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Btw, I also have progressive and they took care of me very well. I’m Still working things out from the other insurance company though.
They work some magic man, I had the accident on Tuesday and the new bike was in the garage on the following Tuesday, accessories were order before then :yeah:

·
Registered
364 Posts
They work some magic man, I had the accident on Tuesday and the new bike was in the garage on the following Tuesday, accessories were order before then :yeah:
Damn near same here. My wreck was on a Thursday evening and I had a check for the bike and gear on Tuesday. :surprise:

·
Registered
663 Posts
I’m giving a “like” for the fact that you’re in one piece and you’re back on the road. Glad you’re okay and your insurance came through.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts