Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sitting here reading posts and wondering...
When bikes with a tuned air box (like the SBKs) are run on a dyno to adjust the fuel mapping, does the fact that the bike is in still air impact the results? Do those engines just suck in enough air or do they rely on the intakes to ram the air into the box?

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Theoretically you can run some fans blowing air at 150 mph into the intake openings If you’re that curious. Without doing runs with and without high speed air flow and comparing air fuel ratio it’s just a guess exactly how much air flow is affecting fuel mixture and horsepower . If the factory designed them scientifically, they should be good for some horsepower. I know the setup on my Busa wasn’t optimal when stock, but removal of some plastic here and there improved flow quite a bit. There was a vacuum flap in there that was very restrictive. Supposedly 10 hp gain removing it, though I didn’t Dyno it. The bike is much easier to ride with the flap removed as it caused a power surge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts