Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Superbike owners. Which era bike do you own?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what percentage of ducati.ms SBK owners ride/own the PT bikes, vs the Tambie bikes? If you own a SBK, please vote. I'm real interested to see the split in numbers here.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
What about..
* No, all superbikes are butt ugly.. you need the smooth flowing lines of an SS

hahahaha

Mal

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I've got a 2002 748 monoposto, but, if I could find one and could justify the purchase, I'd absolutely LOVE to have an 851/888.....hmmmm.....and early 750F1 would be nice, too.......I just wouldn't want to get rid of any of my current bikes to get it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a 01 748. The best bike I've ever owned.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I love both styles of the sbk's. i would enjoy having both and when the time is right I will get an earlier model sbk to go with my 749!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
grendels_arm said:
Oh no, hopefully mig doesn't read this poll. :)

Just playing with ya mig.
Hey man -- I never had a problem with what people own ... now my REAL problem is how to stop buying upgrades, I may need help for that :D

I am willing to bet a couple of beers though, that if we ran the same poll in Superbike section, there would be a different result that is more even between the new and old superbikes, and I wouldn't be suprised if the 749/999 owners exceeded prior bikes.... at least that's what I see in other bike forums. The new bike owners tend to visit the forums more than old ones ... for obvious reasons I suppose

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
My first Ducati was (is) my 851 SP3. I'd love to have a 916 (mono of course). I would not ever own a xx9.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The 2004 749R is very nice. I'd be too scared to wreck though. The thing belongs at the track however.

Yo mig,

Do you just take off your complete bodywork, throw on track stuff and then take to the track?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
grendels_arm said:
The 2004 749R is very nice. I'd be too scared to wreck though. The thing belongs at the track however.

Yo mig,

Do you just take off your complete bodywork, throw on track stuff and then take to the track?
Well I have only used the Dark at the track (using the stock fairings), not the 749R yet, as I don't feel comfortable with the Carbon fairings... that's over $4k to replace, not to mention what is likely to be a very long wait.

But your question is timely... I had just today received my Track Plastics for the 749R and I'm looking for next closest track day already.

I will post pics and reveiw of the Track Plastics in the Superbike section.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
erinpaul said:
There should be a lot more 998/996/916/748 or earlier SBK because of time, right..?

Yeah, I'd expect to see quite a few more of the Tambie era bikes, than the PT versions, but so far we're looking roughly one-third of the total SBKs on the site as PT. Interesting. I hope we get a decent percentage of the total SBK riders casting their "votes" to see the final split.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
919 Posts
i really think your poll should have a choice for 851/888 rather than lumping them in with 916/996/748. they really are very different.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I thought about that but what the hell....let's see what we get.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow! A spurt of PT era owners have increased the PT bike percentage quite a bit.

So...we have 42 out of 92 riders owning a PT SBK. That is 46% of the ducati.ms SBK owners!

That is really surprising to me...I TRULY thought ducati.ms was MUCH more heavily represented by the Tambie bike owners, than it appears! I'd have guessed this site was at something closer to 70-80% Tambie, than the current 62%. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts