Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have upgraded your Ducati Ohlins fork lowers to radial fork lowers? I'm trying to gauge how many Ducati-Ohlins lowers might be out there collecting dust.

Thanks in advance.
R

Attachments

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I purchased a set of Ohlins R/T forks for my 999. So the switch would be a breeze by simply unbolting my current for the radial bracket. Cost is the key and the radial bracket are expensive, then you have the expense of radial calipers. I threw this out at Moto(MotoWheels) and the guys at FBF and both said that my current non-radial system is more than enough for the street and track. It is a cool upgrade though.

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
+1 $$$$$

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Gonna leave mine stock 68 mm

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 40mm two-piece lowers on early Ohlins FG43 forks. I've seen 65mm adapters, but I'd like to find some 65mm one-piece lowers.

Way I see it, one of you needs to upgrade to 100mm radials. Do it for the economy. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
NOT superbike specific.

Moved.

//amullo

·
Registered
620 Posts
I wouldn't really know because I never sell the stock parts when I upgrade my bikes but I wouldn't think the OEM fork bottoms are worth much.

After all, most modern bikes are equipped with radial fork bottoms and if anyone's looking to upgrade that's what they'll be looking to get (as opposed to axial fork bottoms)...

I suggest you look up the part number and check the price of the OEM part.

When you know the price of a new set of fork bottoms you can adjust accordingly and that might give you an idea of what they are worth.
Do you have an idea of how much a pair of 65mm lowers is worth?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the tip. So far, I haven't had any luck finding part #s for just the lowers. From what I can tell, Ducati only sells them as complete fork legs.

If at some point, you take a look at those lowers and say, "Why am I saving these things? It's all radial set-ups these days!", PM me.

Cheers
Roland

1 - 10 of 10 Posts