Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!

Which one is the OEM short fender, which one is the Mudguard Fender (top or bottom item)? id both

• Top Item is the Short Fender

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Top Item is the Mudguard Fender

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Bottom Item is the Short Fender

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Bottom Item is the Mudguard Fender

Votes: 3 20.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to see if the picture I am using is confusing or not aligned with my description. Remember, entertainment purposes only, no ducati part numbers used as I did not use them in my original post...

Basically, identify what is in the picture.

There are 2 parts shown, vote for what part is on top, what part is on bottom.

there are only 4 choices.

Short Fender or Mudguard Fender, top or bottom of the picture.

thanks,

ant

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Official names are "Rear Mudguard" (photo top), and "Mudflap rear" (photo bottom) Items 19 and 21 on the parts diagram. Easily consulted. If you have a long mudflap (that's not it), it's called "REAR MUDGUARD LONG" (not pictured)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Official names are "Rear Mudguard" (photo top), and "Mudflap rear" (photo bottom) Items 19 and 21 on the parts diagram. Easily consulted.
understood, but I had a bunch of parts for sale and listed just basic descriptions at the time. i was in crappy shape after my accident and just was trying get parts listed.

·
Registered
2012 Multistrada S Touring, VFR 1200F, XT225
106 Posts
Official names are "Rear Mudguard" (photo top), and "Mudflap rear" (photo bottom) Items 19 and 21 on the parts diagram. Easily consulted. If you have a long mudflap (that's not it), it's called "REAR MUDGUARD LONG" (not pictured)
Thanx for actually using/posting the real names of the items. Just to clarify, on the posted photo the part on the top, the piece a lot of riders take off their bikes, is the Mudflap. The photo of the smaller item on the bottom of the posted picture is the mudguard.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the point of the poll is not about the ducati name for the part, it is whether you can tell what part I am calling short fender, or mudguard fender. I did not go searching for the official names when I posted the original. hence the poll to see if my basic description with picture is confusing or not.

·
Registered
2011 Multistrada S Touring, 2000 Monster 900 S
235 Posts
I certainly had no question about what part I was receiving by your for sale listing, if it means anything. Fender and mudguard, same terminology any reasonable person would use.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I certainly had no question about what part I was receiving by your for sale listing, if it means anything. Fender and mudguard, same terminology any reasonable person would use.
hey man, thanks for the reply. yea, ducati uses strange terminology from what I've seen. I just tried to use descriptive names at the time. thanks.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I wanted to vote, but I was incredibly confused by the poll. I get confused easier than I used to these days. I'm voting the top part is the rear mudguard?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanted to vote, but I was incredibly confused by the poll. I get confused easier than I used to these days. I'm voting the top part is the rear mudguard?
funny bro, vote for what you think is in the picture based on the voting options. you can vote twice because I am looking to see if my description of the item is clear enough for you to choose the items correctly. I didn't use ducati terminology when I was selling these and trying to understand if my wording, along with the picture, was not clear enough. thanks.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
The pic at the bottom of your photo is a rear "Hugger" the other is called all sorts of things but it's mostly a spray guard or mud guard.

"Fender" is a guitar isn't it? only yanks call mudguards fenders, and then only on cars really. The front wheel cover is a front mudguard by the way.....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The pic at the bottom of your photo is a rear "Hugger" the other is called all sorts of things but it's mostly a spray guard or mud guard.

"Fender" is a guitar isn't it? only yanks call mudguards fenders, and then only on cars really. The front wheel cover is a front mudguard by the way.....
I'm a yank so... Thanks man

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, overall it seems everyone was able to pick the parts as they related to the made up name I had for them. Thank you all, appreciate the responses and input!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have had the exact same parts sitting in a shelf in my shed for 8 years.

Reactions: antnate1

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have had the exact same parts sitting in a shelf in my shed for 8 years.
I sold the mudguard fender, whatever thing. I have the short fender thing left. there were 3 with the bike when I got it. removed the mudguard thing pretty quickly and went with the long fender one. never used the short one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts