Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Do what I do , ride it in the rain and let it start rusting , on the nuts and bolts , discs , spokes etc , then degrease it once a month , and go again, as long as it runs sweet and doesnt let you down is all that matters .

Only swirl marks I like are in Ice Cream :)

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Someone recommended this line of products to me (linked below). I am a little lost on what to use. I know I want to buff out the swirls and cant do a lot of constant detailing and cleaning, so was thinking about the 1-step sealant. can anyone shed some light on this subject?

http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/car+care/car+waxing.do
Julian, that would have been me.

Here's the thing . . . Quit obsessing about the "right" wax. Just put something on the paint it to protect the finish. Griots Wax, Turtle Wax, Mother's Wax, zymol wax, 1-step sealant . . . it doesn't matter that much unless you are going to enter your bike in a Concours competition. Just get a good coat of some kind of wax/sealant on your bike and then RIDE IT.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Meh, I just use Honda Polish on it every few weeks or so. Seems to work fine. I'll probably be getting a new tank every year until the warranty runs out anyway :D

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
I am told by T Markus Custom Paint that Carnuba, Regardless of brand, is the best and long lasting protection for paint.

Branding and marketing aside and short of using Film like 3M or Tank Slapper most waxes that contain carnuba is considered to be the best protection by most vintage and custom paint people.
Also keep in mind Carnuba is Carnuba so get the least expensive good quality Carnuba Wax made for Automotive use.

The finish on the sport classic is tough and I personally liked using the Tank Slapper
it's pretty cheap for The extent of protection it offers

Review of Tank Slapper
Webbikeworld

1 - 7 of 7 Posts