Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 'new' bike's headers were in a bad way; past tarnished, well on the way to rusty, and a crushed & badly gouged link pipe.

For those in Australia Peter @ Meerkat Mufflers, is a true craftsman.

Warning: Viewing the content in the attached photos may cause extreme envy and emotional torment.

First pic. one can see the crushed link pipe under the date stamp, last pic. shows the repair.

I dunno whether to install on my bike or place them on a rotating pedestal in my lounge room!

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
A thing of beauty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome Work!

The headers look great, beautiful work. For those in the USA looking for similar exhaust work, you should check out Randy at Stradafab. Here are a few pics of the complete system that he just completed for my 91 Carby SS.

Enjoy

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
The headers look great, beautiful work. For those in the USA looking for similar exhaust work, you should check out Randy at Stradafab. Here are a few pics of the complete system that he just completed for my 91 Carby SS.

Enjoy

Nice craftsmanship but do you know if he ever made spaghetti headers to work with slip-ons? I didn't see anything like that on the website.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Talk to Randy

This system is the first he had built for a 900SS. Randy is an absolute magician and is willing to do one off custom work, or in this case he might be very interested in the spaghetti headers if he can sell them after he does the first custom set. He is very reasonable and easy to work with. My system was done in 5 weeks from the order date. Cant say enough about his craftsmanship and willingness to do one off designs. Give hime a call.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Grrss- very nice! They look like Staintunes - are they? They're even more spaghetti-ish than the Termis, which IMO makes them very cool.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Randy is an absolute magician and is willing to do one off custom work, or in this case he might be very interested in the spaghetti headers if he can sell them after he does the first custom set.

Listen! Do you smell something?

Smells like a group buy to me.

I'm in!

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
My 'new' bike's headers were in a bad way; past tarnished, well on the way to rusty, and a crushed & badly gouged link pipe.

For those in Australia Peter @ Meerkat Mufflers, is a true craftsman.

Warning: Viewing the content in the attached photos may cause extreme envy and emotional torment.

First pic. one can see the crushed link pipe under the date stamp, last pic. shows the repair.

I dunno whether to install on my bike or place them on a rotating pedestal in my lounge room!

Cheers.
Very nice job, grrss. Your Staintune's look similar but slightly different to mine - on mine one of the link pipes hangs down a lot lower than what your's appear to - but I still had the deep gouge in mine when I purchased them.

Regards

Muddy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Perhaps both I and another friend in the area might be interested, this seems like it might cost 1,000's however,....

subscribing to thread
The only other place to pick one up that I see is Silmoto and they don't ship to the US. Well that is what their eBay ad says. Maybe if you can go to their direct website you can get shipping but that is not comforting. It is going to be around a grand to get one from them if you can work all the niggles out. So to me if there is a better or equal quality USA version that I can actually get in a decent time frame... it's worth looking into!

·
Registered
105 Posts
The FBF website doesn't indicate - are these the same ID as the stock or is it larger?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
The FBF website doesn't indicate - are these the same ID as the stock or is it larger?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say probably the same. I'll explain why.

When I looked at it, it said to use the slip-ons , #33585 on the spaghetti pipe for a full system. When I went and looked at them, they are standard hi-mount slip-ons that would fit a standard OEM exhaust header. That means even if the spaghetti system were bigger pipe, it would neck down where the slip-ons...errr, slip in.

But the stock system has pretty big pipes on it, all a spaghetti system could hope to do is help the midrange with the extra length of pipe involved in it.

And look bloody marvelous doing it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts