Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

satin or polished exhaust??

• Satin

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Polished

Votes: 8 57.1%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
368 Posts
if you're going to take the time, i'd polish them and not even bother with a nickle plating. the only thing that will do is keep the polished ss from turning a pretty gold color. if you don't like the gold it comes off with mothers polish...which is what you will be doing fairly often to either polished ss or polished nickle to keep them clean.

if you're firm on the nickle plating, is it really just a nickle plating or or is it a jet-hot sterling type application? if it's the former, i would consider the latter since you will gain some heat benefit and still achieve the nickle polished finish look...and it can't be that much more expensive.

· Registered
368 Posts
i've seen a bike with powdercoated sleeves on the cans and it looked good but wierd at the same time. most likely because it was something i've never seen before.

i'm considering a similar project...i'm having an akra system jet-coated black and am considering having the cans done as well to black out everything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.