Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know.....

but I would like a little plusher ride on my Superlight. It has an Ohlins in the rear and Racetech gold valves up front, but it still seems a bit harsh and tough on the old wrists. Way better than stock, mind you... but how can I adjust it so it's as soft as it can get with this suspension set up, or are there alternatives I should consider?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
A harsh ride is the result of either too stiff springs or too much compression damping (or too thick oil). I'd reduce the compression damping as low as it will go and make sure the springs are correct for your weight. Also you can reduce spring preload as low as you can go without the suspension bottoming too much. Try one thing at a time and make sure it doesn't screw up the handling. Racetech valves help; Superbike forks are even better, but expensive (new top triple clamp, handlebars, possibly brake calipers, axle issues, etc.) and a pain to install on the older Supersports (don't ask how I know).
Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts