Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What plugs and gaps are you guys with FCR's and Dynacoils running? Are there any real noticeable benefits of running anything other than the stock plugs/gaps?

·
Registered
662 Posts
What plugs and gaps are you guys with FCR's and Dynacoils running? Are there any real noticeable benefits of running anything other than the stock plugs/gaps?
Most go up from the 024" to 030" on gap. Can't say it makes a big difference but it makes sense to me to run a bigger gap with this set up. Same plug NGK DPR8 works but one range cooler if you've got hi-comps and such.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
i found a bigger gap on my 600 gave the same cold running issues with the dyna coils that it does with the std coils. don't have fcr tho. altho i have green coils (5 ohm?) which may not be 100% correct for the application.

you can get some dual ground electrode plugs that may help - there's a DCPR8EKC which i nominally have for bmw 1200's and there's JR8C or something like that too from memory. also ngk make a v groove ground electrode plug that's meant to work a bit better in "dodgy" combinations for want of the better term (high demand?).

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i found a bigger gap on my 600 gave the same cold running issues with the dyna coils that it does with the std coils. don't have fcr tho. altho i have green coils (5 ohm?) which may not be 100% correct for the application.

you can get some dual ground electrode plugs that may help - there's a DCPR8EKC which i nominally have for bmw 1200's and there's JR8C or something like that too from memory. also ngk make a v groove ground electrode plug that's meant to work a bit better in "dodgy" combinations for want of the better term (high demand?).
Brad,

Everything is running fine with the stock gaps, no starting or running issues at all. I was just curious if going with a wider gap would provide any benefits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts