Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prior to selling an 06 sc1000 I just relocated the R/R under the pan and was wondering what the plug is for? I've always assumed it was for the the on board computer diagnostic plug. I could have swore that I unplugged it but just want to be sure and make everything right.

This plug on my Paul Smart is not plugged into anything as there is nothing to plug into. On the other hand the SC has a male and female plug... Are they supposed to be plugged together and what are they for?

This is the pic of my PS and the plug I'm talking about. I dont have a pic of the plug of the SC plug I'm speaking of.

Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
That's for the o2 sensor. It got disconnected and capped presumably when you installed Termis. The ECU port is a 3 pin plug with a cap on it which is probably tucked under the ECU in the very back of the tray

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks.... That explains it since the Termi's were on before I got the bike. I also noted the 3 pin plug you're talking about.

Mike

BTW we should get together for a ride sometime

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Also worth noting (though kind of moot since you sold the other bike, but just for general knowledge), if both ends are there but disconnected it probably means the o2 sensor is still in the header pipe. If you ever want to restore back to stock for some reason, you'll need the sensor again, but leaving it installed while running the closed loop can foul the sensor due to the richer conditions. I think you can still order just the plug/washer that came with the Termi kit, from a dealer.

Down for a ride but I'm taking a job offer in London for 3 months, and I'm leaving the weekend after next and won't be back until late November. Hopefully we'll have a few typical California winter days for riding around then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts