Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The winter is settling in here and whilst packing the bike away for the next 6 months a monstrous thought stuck into my head and I want you to talk me out of it.

As my Diavel is slightly army / scrambler themed already, I thought about putting Conti TKC's underneath it for next season even if I near never leave the paved roads and do not plan to do so in the future either.

High performance on street isn't a thing for me as I mainly cafe race my Diavel to coffee shops in city center anyhows and these would be for looks only.

I am guessing the rear will be a problem sizewise anyhow, even if I accept the tire to be stretched somewhat.

I found 0 examples of this being done anywhere, so I am guessing there are near 1000 great reasons as to why not?

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
I put some on my Multi earlier this year for a 2,000 mile 50% off-road ride. Had planned on changing back to Pilot 3's, but have kept the TKCs on for 100% road riding as they are "good enough". My lean angle is good and almost no chicken strips left.

I also have a Diavel and honestly I'm trying to imagine that rear end with TKCs?!?!? Do it, then I don't need to wonder any more!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Good luck getting a TKC on an 8" rim! the biggest they make for a 17" wheel is a180, you're about 60mm too narrow, unless you fit a regular superbike wheel?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good luck getting a TKC on an 8" rim! the biggest they make for a 17" wheel is a180, you're about 60mm too narrow, unless you fit a regular superbike wheel?
Yeah.. your post got me excited so I looked and couldn't even find a tire big enough :crying:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Even if you could stretch a TKC onto that rim... You might be severely disappointed with the lifespan of your rear tire. On dirtbike based usages, a lot of people get 3K miles. On a bike like that you are going to get 1K. It's too much power, the knobbies are soft, and it's a bike that likes to get "launched".

That tire width... I think you're out of luck anyway. Pirelli MT 60-RS would look good but it only goes up to 180 width.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
width is indeed a concern, somehow i am thinking a high tire could be stretched on that wheel, maybe :D

Wear is the least of my concerns, I drive like 2000 miles max a season..

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
............aint gonna talk you out of bein creative. DO IT...........................Just Do it..............................

·
Registered
2 Posts
The winter is settling in here and whilst packing the bike away for the next 6 months a monstrous thought stuck into my head and I want you to talk me out of it.

As my Diavel is slightly army / scrambler themed already, I thought about putting Conti TKC's underneath it for next season even if I near never leave the paved roads and do not plan to do so in the future either.

High performance on street isn't a thing for me as I mainly cafe race my Diavel to coffee shops in city center anyhows and these would be for looks only.

I am guessing the rear will be a problem sizewise anyhow, even if I accept the tire to be stretched somewhat.

I found 0 examples of this being done anywhere, so I am guessing there are near 1000 great reasons as to why not?
Metzler Sahara's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts