Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my bike the other day with just a regaular garden hose but it seems to have got a lot of water in the clutch. Right after I washed the bike the engine almost didnt want to turn over because the clutch almost seemed stuck. I rode it around for a bit but ever since that day it seems that now it slips if I pull back on the throttle a bit too fast.

I figure if I clean it that it might get better but I have no idea how to remove the plate. Do I need some special tool ? Or can I just do it myself? Please help...

Keep in mind this is a Evoluzione dry clutch 48 tooth

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
You just undo the clutch-spring retaining bolts and it all comes apart.

You might pull the clutch actuating rod out with the pressure plate if it sticks in the bearing button. If it does, it's no big deal, just don't bend it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The only places I put water on my bike is the front wheel and rotors along with the rear wheel and the swing arm. Other then that I take the bike apart and use WD40 on everything else. I also use an air gun from my compressor to get the sand out. Tooth brush comes handy and some latex gloves so you don't have grease under your nails...OH and I forgot one other thing, 4 HOURS of your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
The only places I put water on my bike is the front wheel and rotors along with the rear wheel and the swing arm. Other then that I take the bike apart and use WD40 on everything else. I also use an air gun from my compressor to get the sand out. Tooth brush comes handy and some latex gloves so you don't have grease under your nails...OH and I forgot one other thing, 4 HOURS of your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol my bike would never be clean, I don't hardly have enough time to ride let alone spend that much time cleaning :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Without a bit more info on the clutch, or better yet...a picture. We can only guess. My guess is that you are talking about an STM Evo clutch. Being that they have a single spring , they can be a bit of a pain compared the the separate coil springs. Best way that I have found is to take off the clutch slave cylinder. That then allows you to push in on the center of the STM clutch to remove the retaining clip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts