Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has had a problem like this with there m1000. When I put the key into the ignition and turn it to the "on" postion and the starter starts cranking the bike over right away without me hitting the starter button, the only way to shut it off is too turn the key back to the off position, the kill switch will not stop the motor from cranking over. I checked the starter solinoid and it click and seemed to work but i replaced it just in case and the bike still does the same thing. I also made sure the battery is charged and working properly. Also clean and check the ignition switch to make sure it was working and not stuck. My bike also has a ultimap ecu so im wondering if it some how failed if it could cause this kind of problem or could this have something to do with the immobilazer?

thanks in advance for the help.
mike

·
Registered
95 Posts
starter problem

I wish I could help! My 2004 m1000s has a similar problem, when I hit the starter button it seems to get stuck and will continue to try and start even after I let go of the button.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey supersport, a guy on another forum told me to check this,

"Check the wiring, starting at the sidestand switch, all the way up to the main harness.

I suspect you'll find it's fried.

Has your bike gotten *really* wet recently?
Water/condensation in the gauges?"

My bike sat in the back of my truck over night after a road trip and it just happend to pour rain that night, I checked the harness and it was full of water. Ended up pulling it out, i just hope i can dry it and it will work if not ill be searching for a harness.

mike

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
879 Posts
I wish I could help! My 2004 m1000s has a similar problem, when I hit the starter button it seems to get stuck and will continue to try and start even after I let go of the button.

it's not stuck, the ecu takes over after the initial push and will turn it over until it starts or x seconds (I need to check the manual for the exact number). Check your owners manual.

as to the original posters ?, that's usually the starter solenoid sticking.. easy to check. also, if the starters turning, it has to be getting power thru the solenoid, somethings triggering it or it's stuck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts