Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It didn't come with any instructions...I emailed the guy for help but he is located in Italy...

Can someone point me to the write direction...

Thx!

·
Premium Member
8,730 Posts
I don't know if he posts up here, but I think a gentleman who goes by Ben710 on Speedzilla can help you. He has a wealth of knowledge and racing experience and is familiar with the Italian slipper you mentioned. Hes located in Germany. BTW, I just sent and received an email from an Italian distributor of slipper clutches, they run about $658 including shipping to California from Italy. It will be a while if or when I pull the trigger on something like that, I was simply curious about costs. BTW, you use your stock clutch plates, replacement plates run $200USD. So if your plates need replacement your in the $850 range for a product that not many know about. It could be a fine product but there are other issues as well including no directions and distance.

Have you tried emailing the seller for instructions? I know those Ebay sites are in Italian, but with Google they have a feature that automatically translates for you.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you buy the 6-springs one from eBay? Let us know how it goes, I wonder if its going to be much heavier on the lever with the stock slave.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Seems to me that more difficult than figuring out how to assemble the clutch itself, is getting the motor partially disassembled, the stock clutch out, and the new one installed, then properly re-assembled so it doesn't explode when you hit the starter button, or worse, when you're hauling ass down the road or on the track. Wet clutch is quite a bit more complicated and involved than dry clutch. Lots of little parts that have to go on in specific directions and in a specific order, etc.

Looks easy enough to figure out the clutch itself just from the pictures. Worse comes to worst, use bablefish or some other on-line translator to try to get an idea of what it says.

Do you have the service/ shop manual for your bike that explains how to get to the clutch and get it out, then put it back together? Do you have all the correct tools? Have you done that kind of work before?
I have a wet clutch bike with a slipper, the service manual calls for replacing the big nut that holds it on every time you take it off (190Nm torque spec, so it gets worn each time it's installed/ removed and has to be replaced). Your bike may be the same, so it would behoove you to check the manual and order any parts that you'll need to complete the install, like gaskets, o-rings, etc. Sometimes they take a while to get here from Borgo Panigale.

I'm not trying to discourage, just be sure you know what you're doing before you start fiddling with your motor. If you're not confident or don't want to invest the $$$$ in whatever specialty tools you'll probably need to do the job, I'd take it to a good ducati shop and have them do it. Both Spectrum and Pro Italia have race teams and are comfortable with performance parts installation and tuning. Probably 2 or 3 hours labor at $90/hour, plus gaskets, oil, filter, etc. DON"T go to a generic place like Bert's Megamall, DelAmo, etc. They'll f-it up for sure.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts