Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does air in the brake lines feel like? Had brake work done and now instead of being crisp and powerful they are spongey and i have to use all my fingers to pull to a stop. Thx!

·
Registered
55 Posts
If brakes arent bleed properly they will feel spongy like you describe. Doesnt sound like whomever did the job bleed them until all the air was out of the lines.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What does air in the brake lines feel like? Had brake work done and now instead of being crisp and powerful they are spongey and i have to use all my fingers to pull to a stop. Thx!
Air will make it spongey and give you more travel in the lever. It shouldn't cause you to squeeze harder to stop thought.
Try bleeding it at the banjo bolt holding the line to the master cylinder. That is were air usually accumulates.

What did you have done to it?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
The likely culprit on the xx9 bikes is the master cylinder itself... no need to crack the banjo bolt. Remove the reservoir cover and you'll see a 6mm bolt inside; that is the bleeder for the master cylinder. Crack it open and slowly squeeze and hold the lever. Close the bleeder, and release the lever. Repeat until all air is purged; usually 3-4 pulls. The lever should be very firm at this point; if not, there is air elsewhere in the circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts