Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know how I could go about fixing a slight fluid leak in my clutch lever? :(

Its not at the reservoir, but more or less leaking around the hydraulic ram connected to the lever. Its a slow leak-nevertheless annoying. I would hate to have to buy a new assembly for this problem. Also, wherever there is a leak in a hydraulic system, air may compromise the circuit...I would like to eliminate this issue as soon as possible. :eek:

If any of you here would happen to have had experience with this and resolved it, please share. If anyone knows of a how-to, that would be great also.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful! :D

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I had the problem on two 05 999 models. Brembo did not make a replacement kit for seals for that model. I did see kits on their website for some master cluth rebuilds....but not for my year/lever model. For a newer clutch lever model I was emailing Brembo about a factory rebuild (you ship it to them), but cost was a factor and I am not even sure they offer that service any more. Both times I ended up replacing the unit. Sorry, perhaps someone has a better option for your year/model.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I replaced my master with a newer one from ebay.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,879 Posts
Sorry, but you're SOL. It is my understanding that at one time Brembo made a rebuild kit, but they are no longer available. Your options are getting a used one that hopefully has a lot of life in it (typically $100 on Ebay), or upgrading to a nicer brand new Brembo radial master cylinder (about $250-$300 if you look around). I suggest you bite the bullet and go for the upgrade--try hardracing.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts