Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have an issue with my Ducati Monster 620 2004. I was starting the bike up when i noticed it was extremely hard to get the bike to idle, i had to use choke and throttle in order for the bike to stay ”Alive” after 5-6 minutes on idle (felt like it was going on one cylinder) i was Dumb enough to drive the bike and it had No power at all and kept Dying at redlights etc. After the drive i tried to start it again the next day and i wont start. The Fuel pump sounds as usual and most likely gets fuel. The plugs were a bit black But still fine i think. I also charged the battery and it reads 12.5V. I have tried everything from changing the fuel to fresh one and checked connections and cables.. Please help with your advise and excuse my english

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
Did you remove the rats nest from the airbox yet?

seriously look for a reason it is rich which could be too much fuel (bad ecu) or simply not enough air( plugged airbox).

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
12. 5v on a charged battery is a little low so you may have a bad battery. Do a load test. Definitely make sure the air filter is clear. I always start diagnosing running issues with new spark plugs. Check to see if you’re getting a good spark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts