Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am new to thread and new to ducati. I had a 2004 vulcan 750 before monster. Two weeks ago riding on 17 to santa cruz early in morning my bike and I crashed hard.... I'm getting better after losing most skin to my right leg and left butt cheek, but my bike has not... I am looking for parts for 2018 monster 797. I need gas tank handle bars brake lever and cabled, and more. I don't feel like paying ducati an arm and leg for them to do it. So I am doing my self, and am looking for advice and parts please. I'll pay for parts.
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank Wheel
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Monster 797+
100 Posts
Ouch! There doesn't seem to be a very big following for these bikes in the states. My best suggestion would be to check ebay.

I still have my factory handle bars if you want to pay shipping on them. Other than that, I don't have anything else to help. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch! There doesn't seem to be a very big following for these bikes in the states. My best suggestion would be to check ebay.

I still have my factory handle bars if you want to pay shipping on them. Other than that, I don't have anything else to help. Good Luck!
Please I will pay shipping for handle bar. Thank you

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. You can get all the parts you need at the link below, but they will still be expensive. It will save you a lot of money doing it yourself besides having it done at a Ducati dealer. Enter your bike model & year and you will find everything you need.

PS
Wear the gear!! I had a really bad accident in the beginning of May and spent almost 3 months in the hospital and now learning how to walk again.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sorry to hear you went down. I'll echo Singletooth, get yourself a set of good quality leathers or textile and ATGATT. Good luck on the repairs. I don't think you would void your warranty if you used Ducati parts and do a decent job with the replacement.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK guys update I have bought a new gas tank,cutch lever,and led display holder. I was given the handlebars from an amazing ducati forum member,thank you by the way. That was A sincere thing you did and please understand I will appreciate and ride the hell out of my bike because of that,so again thank you my friend. Back to business the brake lines and mirrors which I'm up grading to the ones that go on the end of bars. Also have been looking at the zard Titanium full exhaust which I believe I'll be able to reach maybe 135? Right now I'm Rev'd out at about 125. On another note I bought a 2017 white 797 and I'm red lined at 115.... don't under stand why this one has 6000 miles on it... if someone has an answer I'm open eared.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts