Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally a sweet looking video game for the 2 wheeled crowd. Has anybody seen the trailers and commercials on TV? It comes out tomorrow (4/4) and I have my copy reserved. It is written by Digital Polyphony who brought you the Gran Turismo series which is hands down the best race game ever. Apparently the main author had wanted to do a motorcycle game since the beginning and Sony finally funded it.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97502/Site/

And they have Ducati bikes in the game as well!!!

http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97502/Site/pdf/2.pdf

Anybody else getting TT?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I've seen it and finally something that has a lot more realism than previous ones. The only catch is that only 4 bikes at a time can compete, apparently because they have pushed the limits of ps2.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My son and I played a pre release version at Best Buy! IMHO this game rocks!! The version we played only let one person play at a time and I made my son (9) pick the Ducati or he didn't get a ride home!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
184 Posts
grinder96 said:
My son and I played a pre release version at Best Buy! IMHO this game rocks!! The version we played only let one person play at a time and I made my son (9) pick the Ducati or he didn't get a ride home!:rolleyes:

I would have done the samething.

Looks like im going to best buys tomorrow, try and see if the one over here has a demo and if it does they are going to have ahard time getting me to leave.

I have the game reserved but they said it ships on tuesday and avalible on wednesday but we will see cant wait.

This game couldnt have come at a better time either I just lost my license now I can actually go without it for a while

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tt

Dude, did you pull an all-nighter?

-G

·
Registered
518 Posts
My son and I looked for a demo on Sunday but didn't see one but I'm picking my copy up tonight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice to see some other vid geeks here:)

migz123 said:
I've seen it and finally something that has a lot more realism than previous ones. The only catch is that only 4 bikes at a time can compete, apparently because they have pushed the limits of ps2.
I knew about the 4 bike limit and it makes sense. When you model a car you need far less polygons to define what it looks like whereas on a motorcycle everything is exposed. So you either sacrifice visuals or performance and they wanted both. The solution, less going on at one time to process.

I've just been hoping to get a decent motorcycle game. So far I have tried most of them and none "feel" right. The motion and handling is very chunky and I hope that the guys at Digital Polyphony will continue this series into the future. When the PS3 comes out next year the 4 bike limit should go away too if they do a next version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts