Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One week ago I installed a 14t front sprocket along with a new rear sprocket(stock) and new chain. Man I can tell you the smaller front sprocket made a hell of a difference when track riding. Way better drive coming out of corners and I can now stay with stock motor 600cc bikes. Heres just some quick footage at a MSVT Trackday at Snetterton race circuit in fast ground. Trying to chase down a R1. S1000rr, and Fireblade. The first bike in the video is a Triumph 675. As you can see with the new gearing I can stay with the bike. Before on stock gearing he would have easliy pulled away once we hit 3rd gear.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pretty cool. I dropped a tooth on the Panigale and thought about it multiple times on the Hyper. Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty cool. I dropped a tooth on the Panigale and thought about it multiple times on the Hyper. Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
I haven't tried the 14t on street riding yet though, and to be honest from how it changed the way the bike feels I probably won't like it for street riding. So I'll probably be switching back to standard 15t when I'm street riding.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I haven't tried the 14t on street riding yet though, and to be honest from how it changed the way the bike feels I probably won't like it for street riding. So I'll probably be switching back to standard 15t when I'm street riding.
What is it about the way the bike feels that makes you think you wouldn't like it for the street?

I never ride track, only canyons and mountain type roads and city streets. I love the 14T and would never go back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had install 14T on my 2014 Hyper Sp but I switch back to 15T I got tired of gearing too much and loose Top end.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
Its like youre quicker than them but they are faster bikes. Love it when Hypers keep sport bikes humble. Surprised no wheelies :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What is it about the way the bike feels that makes you think you wouldn't like it for the street?

I never ride track, only canyons and mountain type roads and city streets. I love the 14T and would never go back.
For where I'm currently living when I'm riding on the street, it's a lot of motorway riding. With the 14t I can tell that it would just be way to torquey for my liking and it would rev to high. Granted if I lived in a more mountainous area and was doing canyon riding I'd keep the 14t on. In addition, I'm a MSF RiderCoach and when I'm doing demo rides I don't think the 14t would be ideal during the demo courses and such.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I put a 14T front sprocket on every Ducati I have ever owned (like 7?), every Ducati is served better by it. It's just right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts