Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Desmo Corsa 4 spring slipper clutch. It comes without plates. I was going to get a set of Barnett Plates but I just read a post from someone saying that they don't work well in slipper clutches. Anyone got any suggestions? The supplier says that standard plates will work fine in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Desmo Corsa 4 spring slipper clutch. It comes without plates. I was going to get a set of Barnett Plates but I just read a post from someone saying that they don't work well in slipper clutches. Anyone got any suggestions? The supplier says that standard plates will work fine in it.
Surflex makes very good plates.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Where did you get your Desmo Corse clutch from?
Mine came with the bike, and the spider spring has broken, and the basket needs replacing.
Any ideas on anyone who does spares?
Cheers.
Jim

·
Registered
797 Posts
Slipper Clutch

The Surflex are one of the most popular.

I got 8k miles out of the Surflex pack that I own, now she slips a bit, but I've been using it for many track-days, hard street riding, rough miles with a 134rwhp 999sps motor. I'm hard on it keeping up with Jap multi's @ the track....

I'll buy another one, great product and easy on the basket/innner hub.

I have the Aluminum set....

Check out MotoWheels, they have them in stock, always. They ship to me in two days, fast service, great guys!

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
601 Posts
If you dont mind my asking.. Whats that Corsa piece going for pricewise? I've seen it in the catalogs, just never made the call to ask what Ducati asks for one.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Don't, DON'T, use the barnett plates. Sure flex or OEM if you dont want problems. I'm using the Corse OEM on mine now. Set up of stack height is critical when you assemble.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Yea, surflex is the best anyway....

Also, unless you bought that clutch from Bucci, its probably not very good. There are a bunch of pretty-poor Ducati corse knock off clutches floating around and they have steel hubs and horrible breaking issues.

Ducati corse migrated away from the 4 spring clutch quite sometime ago and have been using the standard 6 spring clutch with some minor modification recently. They use a stiffer spring and adjust the clutch pull by removing springs and using less/more tension on the other ones. Its a good way to do it, just need to have a totally open clutch cover.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.