Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had problems with the plastic tank on the S2R.

Mine is 4 months old with 8000 km travelled. Went to fill up this morning and noticed a rough patch inside the tank, just to the right of the filler hole.

There is a circular section about 1" diameter which is very jagged around the edges and raised a couple of millimeter. it's as if something is trying to penetrate tank from underneath. I swung the tank up to look under but its fine there.

Anybody got any thoughts

·
Registered
649 Posts
It's hard to picture what you are describing. Is it something that could be seen in a picture?

We had a problem with the air release valve not functioning on my girlfriends M620 filler cap (plastic tank also). The tank imploded & had to be replaced under warranty. The bike wasn't even a month old.

Other than that, the bike is fantastic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Photo attached

The photo doesn't really show a lot.

I haven't been hitting it the nozzle into it when re-fuelling

The bike is great and is of course still under warranty.

I have shown it to the dealer but would be good to know if others have had a similar problem

We looked in a M620 tank which had a small blemish. Nowhere near as extensive as mine though.

Just a bit concerned about dropping a tank full of fuel on the engine

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
It seems to me that the tank is kinda soft and gets knicks in it real easy. I did notice that. I put a seatbelt cover on the strap that I have for the tank bag so my jacket/jeans buttons don't scratch it.

Jen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts