Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been riding for about 22 years clocking about 250,000 miles before moving back to Canada ... Saskatchewan 14 years ago. I sold my bike when I moved back to Canada since there just isn't any good riding around Regina where I live. I bought my S4RS to start riding again. So on July 18 I am leaving to go on a 3,000 mile ride marking a 25th anniversary of riding with a group of guys during the third week of July each year. My bike is ready for the trip. I have been through everything on the bike. Valves, belts, fluids, rebuilt shock, fork service .... everything. The one thing I am not sure of is the clutch plates. What do you think? I will put on another 500 miles before I leave. Are these plates fine for say 4,000 miles? I am not hard on a clutch. We will be doing spirited riding through Montana, Oregon and California.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd say they are just fine. Have a great trip! :)
What he said ^^^ but its a dry clutch so if you're concerned throw some new frictions in your bag and if you have any issues replace the old ones. Totally a roadside job if things go completely sideways. Sounds like an awesome trip; I was about to do a cross country trip with a buddy of mine. Combination training for work and the ride was going to be too long away from home to make it work. Good luck and have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts