Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed today my R/H front fork tube on my SC1000S had a mark with rust peeling into chrome burst bubble with rust from the inside.

Rang my dealer I bought it from , took it down and placed a warranty request, its 4 weeks outta warranty, and I dont see any problems with NFI ( Australian Ducati Importers ) getting a new one, Dealer responce and help was great too . Im actually realy suprised as was the last thing I thought would go as the bikes been faultless in everyway :)

Not having a whinge, things happen eh ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
The most common cause of pitting and rust on a fork leg is from a stone chip.
I think you'll be lucky to get it warrantied.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most common cause of pitting and rust on a fork leg is from a stone chip.
I think you'll be lucky to get it warrantied.
No shit Sherlock ,l never would have guessed than one , doh, lol.

It just bubbled and burst of its own accored .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well fuck you too :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Get yourself a pair of fork protectors - either the CF from Clay Carrier or the Al from Paul Smith(?).

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Clay seems to be out of business.

I was trying to get one of the SC huggers, and mailed him...no response. Phone lines are disconnected.

Shame.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No they wouldnt warranty it . Which sucks . As Desmogod suggested a stone chip would start it of , and if that was the case, then so be it . Thats bad luck . Ducati wont warranty anything they can blame on atmospheric agents, when really its just typical 90's Ducati inferior chroming creeping back in.

Anyway I found a chap in Brisbane . Hard Rad Chroming .http://www.radhardchroming.com.au/Page/hard-chrome-plating-brisbane-motorcycle-fork-rechroming

Can fix it for $150 AU per leg plus postage against a $1000 AU for a new one. Mark is very helpful and I highly recommend his service.

Seems Ducati Dealers dont give a rats with Sport Classic owners, only pandering to cashed up Superbike owners when it comes to warranty claims of bum sores and mirror reflection irregularities. lol .

·
Registered
262 Posts
Get some of Paul's protectors so it doesn't happen again.

One of the things put on my GT in the first 3 months of ownership. Well worth the price and much more durable than CF

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Get some of Paul's protectors so it doesn't happen again.

One of the things put on my GT in the first 3 months of ownership. Well worth the price and much more durable than CF
Likewise :)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I run NOJ fork protectors. They're foam and velcro, no disassembly required and cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts