Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never done a colder trackday before and this is my first set of Prielli TDs. Going to be around 50 degrees F in the morning... how should I prepare?

I already know to go out after third call (I'm running tire warmers)

Thanks for your help,

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
17,986 Posts
I already know to go out after third call (I'm running tire warmers)

Plus carefully feel for available grip the first session out. It will probably be a little greasy until the track temps warm up. But it’ll be fine. Just don’t try to override the conditions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
218 Posts
Like DuckMan says feel for the greasy and then start collecting data. Adjust PSI as needed and adjust pace as needed. Keep all that data in a file because it's good to have. Just remember a lot of tracks are really slick in the morning. Highest number of crashes happen first session out.

I have a big file on my phone with line after line of info. For some tire combos I have data for every 10 degrees so as the day goes on and the sun warms the track I'm adjustments.

Tire / Compound / Ambient temps / F PSI / R PSI / % pace

Sometimes I even added / overcast or / sunny.

Unless you qualified on the MotoGP grid. GEDDOUTA the road racing section.
I don't know man, I once won a track day!

Wait, no I didn't. :D Well at least tires on the track in the cold is a racing issue too. I'm from Wisconsin. We go pretty late in the season up here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless you qualified on the MotoGP grid. GEDDOUTA the road racing section.:)
Heard. The last thing I wanna do is anger the Aussie...

Like DuckMan says feel for the greasy and then start collecting data. Adjust PSI as needed and adjust pace as needed. Keep all that data in a file because it's good to have. Just remember a lot of tracks are really slick in the morning. Highest number of crashes happen first session out.

I have a big file on my phone with line after line of info. For some tire combos I have data for every 10 degrees so as the day goes on and the sun warms the track I'm adjustments.

Tire / Compound / Ambient temps / F PSI / R PSI / % pace

Sometimes I even added / overcast or / sunny.

That quite some info, and a great idea

·
Premium Member
4,681 Posts
Xyst. I think you would get more views to your thread if you put it in the tyre and suspension section. Lot more traffic there.:)

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
17,986 Posts
What else needs to be said? But it would be funny to post over there and read all the posts about how he should be using PR5’s. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Xyst. I think you would get more views to your thread if you put it in the tyre and suspension section. Lot more traffic there.:)
Made a post there because I couldn't find out how to move it... can you tell im new to posting yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts