Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loved my old Dragon Supercorsas, detested the Michelin Pilot Powers (especially on the track), and have mixed feelings about my current Power Pures. Anyway, I'm going back to Pirelli.

Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa--was leaning toward an SC1 front and SC2 rear, but I was wondering if an SC1 rear might be a better choice. Anyone have experience with both?

Also, I prefer the handling of a 180, but that was on a 5.5" wheel. I know it will "fit", but will I have an issue using the 180 on a 6"?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Loved my old Dragon Supercorsas, detested the Michelin Pilot Powers (especially on the track), and have mixed feelings about my current Power Pures. Anyway, I'm going back to Pirelli.

Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa--was leaning toward an SC1 front and SC2 rear, but I was wondering if an SC1 rear might be a better choice. Anyone have experience with both?

Also, I prefer the handling of a 180, but that was on a 5.5" wheel. I know it will "fit", but will I have an issue using the 180 on a 6"?
Good choice. For track days I personally would go SC2 front and rear. 180 no problem on the 6" wheel. I have used all the compounds together and mixed and always loved the feel and wear of the SC2 front and rear but by all means mix them up you can't really lose. The biggest issue will be getting your ride height etc set up for the new profiles. I'm assuming you have tire warmers.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wait. SC2 is harder than SC1 (which is in turn harder than SC0), right? Or is it the opposite?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wait. SC2 is harder than SC1 (which is in turn harder than SC0), right? Or is it the opposite?
Your right. I never heard of SC0? I have experience with SC1 and 2 fronts and 1 through 3 on the rear.

If your not going to race and just do A group track days. I would go with the SC2 all around as that will get you three track days if you do all sessions and use warmers. Of course track temp is something to think about as well but that would again point to the medium or SC2 compound.

My experience with Michelin dot race tires is they last for what seams to be forever but then they just go off FAST! The Pirelli just gets easier to slide around and spin up on corner exit but controllable. If that makes sense.

You may have a hard time finding a 180 at the track as most are now 190 or 200.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The 190 will be a 190/55 and that is what I would go with for the rear.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
STG has the 180's, so that's not an issue.

·
Registered
188 Posts

i've always run an sc1 on the front and an sc2/3 on the rear. It's a very good combo....i've only ever used an sc1 on the rear once, lasted 2 sessions on my 1098r at phillip island

·
Registered
276 Posts
Tires are a personal choice, but I really hated the Michelin Pilot Pures.

I use the rear more than the front tire, so I usually go with the SC2 for the rear and the SC1 for the front. I think your choice should really depend on if you are front or rear tire biased. If you are an expert who uses 50/50, then I would do SC2s on front and back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts