Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
First of all, my center stand is never on the bike unless I'm touring/taking off for a multiple day ride. What touches down? Almost everything: pegs, side stand, and gear shift lever. Havent dragged the rear brake lever yet, but maybe because I lean more on left turns. And this is 'canyon ridding', NOT track day. No problem.....Am I ridding to fast in the twisties? Not really, as I'm within my limits. Track speeds are WAY higher. Best bike I've ever ridden.

And I'm picking up a '07 1100S tomorrow as a project bike.

·
Registered
168 Posts
+1 on the PR4 as a street performance tire - great grip, turn-in feel, and lasts long enough to justify their cost.

I have to say though, I ran a set of Michelin Pilot Power 3s on my Multi just once, and holy crap they are sticky, fun, and feel fantastic as a dry-weather sport performance tire. I can only imagine the Diablo Rosso Corsas are just as fantastic, Pirelli makes a great tire. I ride too often to be replacing rear tires every 2k miles, though - works out to about every 6 weeks, lol.

If you want some great performance but decent mileage wear, the Angel GT is also a fantastic.
What he says.

·
AARP Reject
2,921 Posts
I'm fond of the GTs as a good compromise on the Multi. I'm going to try some PR4s next, mostly because I want to try a new tire and not for any deficiency of the GTs. I can't see buying tires that I know going in won't allow me to ride a full season including some touring without requiring a mid season buy. The GTs have given me all the street performance plus more than I will ever need along with the benefit of not being needy. I expect the PR4s will do the same but I really do like the Angel GT. Agree they get greasier at the end, but the end only comes after a lot of miles and heat cycles. That seems fair enough.

·
Registered
722 Posts
You guys are steering me in a new direction. I was ready to switch the ST2 for Rosso 3's.
Not that I find the Rosso 3's great for rear grip as they did squirrel on me a few times on my Monster 1200R but that was relative to having had the OEM Supercorsa's.
Nothing sticks like a SC but they just don't last. Going to mount RC2 next on the Monster.
Perhaps the new Angel GT-2 are the way to go for the Multi. I don't particularly ride in the wet but I do ride in the late season cold.

·
Registered
722 Posts
@rebobd
I know it's an old post but you convinced me to get the Angel GT. I bought the "D" specs. I wanted to try these while there's still stock left and before going to the new Angel GT2's which I'm not sure of. Haven't installed them yet as I have only another month left and will run down the OEM ST2. I'll be starting the 2020 season with the older version of the Angel GT's. Really stocked about trying these. Besides, they have to be better than ST2's for R/T. Multi is going on the track in 2020...guaranteed.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts