Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
This is how my tires look like after 53,000 miles (160 of which on tracks) compared to a new set.

Not too bad...
53,000 ??????????????? are they made of cement?

·
Registered
865 Posts
This is how my tires look like after 5,300 miles (160 of which on tracks) compared to a new set.

Not too bad...
Looks like you still have another 5300 left on them!!!!

here is my theory... your a 4 ft 7 inches tall, wiegh 90 lbs, and live on the moon, and only ride in a straight line.:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've got 2500 miles on my front with about 1500-1800 on the track and I think I have another 2000 miles on the street left on them.

I know you'll think I'm crazy but, I think these tires last longer on the track and street than most.
They are absolutely great street/track tires. I have virtually no wear in the middle.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Horrible tyre (tire), swapped mine out for Conti Road attacks, bike for me, feel much better have used Pirelli Scorpion Sync too, there fine, but the oem corsa tyre (tire) sucks for me

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Now, I will tell you that you need to ride your bike harder!
I would probably agree.

This is a tire that we pulled off of my wife's bike. It only had 2200 miles of street riding (Zero track miles)...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't how how he did it either mine are very simular to yours also. I got 2200 out of my first rear; kept same front put a new corsa3 on rear and it has less than half left at 3400 total bike miles. No track days just some back road hootin and commuting miles to work. I have been quite pleased with the tire feel/performance except for the short life. I will need a complete set this time so what does everyone suggest? I live in Mississippi so no real cold but some rain to deal with. I would love to get 5-6 thousand miles out of a set and have comparable feel/grip. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I'm not doing any more track days on the Hyper, so I may try the Scorpion Syncs next time. I've heard quite a lot of good things about them...

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Holy...

I would probably agree.

This is a tire that we pulled off of my wife's bike. It only had 2200 miles of street riding (Zero track miles)...

Wow! How long had she been riding like that? I ask because I was on my way home from San Francisco yesterday, stopped for gas and noticed mine doing the same, but about half as bad. She now sits at a friend's house because I was too scared to try and make it the last 35 miles of the trip. How far will Ducati Roadside tow a bike?

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts

interesting, and EXACTLY the same condition in which the rear of my Hyper tire is in. i had been noticing that the tread was in fact wearing down, and monitored it closely during our ride last week. we checked the tire with 30 miles to go (to be safe), and low and behold, upon arriving home, that is how the tire looked. it has been quite warm down here in so california, that may have something to do with it too? anyhow, i'm not going to put the same tire on the moto for the next owner, will choose something else.

interesting, and am glad that no one was hurt.

thanks for the heads up, Noelle.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Wow! How long had she been riding like that?
First it hit the wears bars and she decided to ride on it for another day to smooth it out, then, when it got bald, she took it out during one of her leisurely day rides while I was at work. She went straight to one of the tightest, twistiest sections of road in the area (which has fairly coarse pavement) and set out to "finish it off". From wear bars to what you see, I think she rode it about 300-400 miles.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts