Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided today to swap out the front Angel GT on my Monster 1200. About 1,400 miles ago when I got belt changes and oil change they said it was at the wear bars and recommended changing it. Seemed like it was getting a little bit of a pointy profile lately, which affected handling feel. Tire had 7,268 miles on it, which I think is pretty darn good. The new tire is an Angel GT2, which has a different tread pattern for whatever reason.

The rear Angel has 4,810 miles on it and looks to have quite a few more miles in it. I am not doing track days or pushing it very hard, but even so am surprised at the mileage. I recall replacing rear tires on my old Tuono at 2,000 miles because they were totally shot. That was maybe a Pirelli Corsa, not sure it's been a while. No doubt it was a stickier tire.

Anyway, I like these tires, at least for normal street riding. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What a difference a new front tire makes. No more muscling the bike around in turns. It goes where I want with minimal effort, and carves a nice line, just as it should being such a fine machine. :grin2:

The handling fades so slowly with tire wear, it is hard to notice until you get new rubber.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries, I am full of sarcasm at times. :laugh:

Will post mileage when I replace the rear tire. Looks like it will be a few weeks at least.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Pffft!
Everyone knows that real street r̶i̶d̶e̶r̶s ̶ squids run slicks.
:rolleyes: .. :rolleyes: .. :rolleyes:
Absolutely. In fact, the best street tires are old racing scrubs. sarc/
Look in your dealer's dumpster and choose the oldest as they're likely not made in China. Make sure the chicken strips are totally erased. Couldn't have it otherwise.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Haahaa! I remember in 1981 or so my cousin and I went to Laguna Seca for some national race ... can't recall what it was. My cousin was so intent on getting his hands on a used slick "just laying around or in a dumpster or garbage can or something" that we snuck into the infield and began slinking around in the pits looking for a tire to ... uh ... borrow ... or something. Of course he never found his bloody tire. He really thought he was going to find a used slick in a garbage can (or just ... y'know .. sitting there in the back of someone's race bike hauler ... cus y'know, they must not need it since it's not on the bike ... or something) and mount it up on his RD400.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts