Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided today to swap out the front Angel GT on my Monster 1200. About 1,400 miles ago when I got belt changes and oil change they said it was at the wear bars and recommended changing it. Seemed like it was getting a little bit of a pointy profile lately, which affected handling feel. Tire had 7,268 miles on it, which I think is pretty darn good. The new tire is an Angel GT2, which has a different tread pattern for whatever reason.

The rear Angel has 4,810 miles on it and looks to have quite a few more miles in it. I am not doing track days or pushing it very hard, but even so am surprised at the mileage. I recall replacing rear tires on my old Tuono at 2,000 miles because they were totally shot. That was maybe a Pirelli Corsa, not sure it's been a while. No doubt it was a stickier tire.

Anyway, I like these tires, at least for normal street riding. :grin2:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What a difference a new front tire makes. No more muscling the bike around in turns. It goes where I want with minimal effort, and carves a nice line, just as it should being such a fine machine. :grin2:

The handling fades so slowly with tire wear, it is hard to notice until you get new rubber.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries, I am full of sarcasm at times. :laugh:

Will post mileage when I replace the rear tire. Looks like it will be a few weeks at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts