Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time no see guys. It’s almost that time again for new treads on my multi. The Angel GT has been one of my favorite go tos for this bike so far and as I was gonna order a new set I realized Pirelli has released the new Angel GT II tire. Didn’t come up with anything in a search on here. My apologies if I missed. Just wondering if anyone has run the new Angel GT 2 yet and could offer any feedback? I notice there is no “D” spec offered for the rear on the new ones. I normally would go for a D spec rear and normal front. What do you guys think of the new design?

https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/motorcycle/all-tyres/sheet/angel-gt-ii#gallery-2

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Surprisingly, no reviews so far.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Picture worth a 1000 words?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Long time no see guys. It’s almost that time again for new treads on my multi. The Angel GT has been one of my favorite go tos for this bike so far and as I was gonna order a new set I realized Pirelli has released the new Angel GT II tire. Didn’t come up with anything in a search on here. My apologies if I missed. Just wondering if anyone has run the new Angel GT 2 yet and could offer any feedback? I notice there is no “D” spec offered for the rear on the new ones. I normally would go for a D spec rear and normal front. What do you guys think of the new design?

https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/motorcycle/all-tyres/sheet/angel-gt-ii#gallery-2

Did you ever end up getting the angel gt 2's? I'm on a trip from VA to Dallas. Ended up burning up my tires way faster than expected. Stopping in today to Ducati Austin for some new shoes to get home. They are putting Angel GT 2's on. Not much of a choice last minute like this so we'll hope for the best!

Ducati Austin rocks BTW!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
600 Posts
7800 miles on current Angel GT and front side treads are worn from constant cornering. Time to replace them so interested in reports of the GT IIs also.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Again, that pic says it all! FWIW....I put a set of GT II's on two weeks ago and now have 2000 miles on them. The only difference I can fell is the front, due to the 'grooves' is more sensitive to grooved pavement. The GT's I took off had 4000 miles on them and the front was toast!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I rode a few days with a friend who had them, we rode on dry and wet roads and he absolutely loved them.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I wonder how they compare to the PR5s, the last two sets of Angels i had on both the Multi and the 1290GT i got between 4500-5000kms, my PR5s on both bikes have travelled 6000kms aprox and theres still plenty of tread left, they are looking like doing 8000kms. The Angel GTs MKII have a lot to live up to if they want to compete head to head with the PR5s.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I think choosing the right category of tires for your application takes precedent over brands.
Category includes but are not limited to Sport touring, Hypersport, Track, Enduro, etc. Many sub-sets also.

Let's take the sport touring category as an example.
Here's an interesting comparo highlighting the pros and cons of a few tires we may be considering based on carateristics which may be more important for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=w1leVfe5EGg

The subjectivity and the lack of consistency from year to year even from the same testers is ridiculously hilarious at times as seen here.
https://mc-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle-tyre-test/
Enjoy.
Consequently, The top manufacturers more or less improve their products at the same pace.
I don't think there's a bad choices when choosing a pair among these but they're just slightly different based on your needs.
Most important, money talks if you can get a pair on sale.

Reactions: DaveNZ
1 - 12 of 12 Posts