Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the '16 Multi has its clutch and Front Brake lever perches 'pinned' to the handlebar. This is my 8th bike and I've never seen levers pinned to the bars. It pretty much limits what the handlebar angle can be.

After years of racing, I always set my lever angles such that they are in a natural straight line with my forearms while I'm in my predominant riding position. With the levers pinned, the bars needed to be rotated too far forward for my liking.

I think this is odd that the levers are pinned since I've always heard that you want the levers to rotate on the bars if you go down and that helps avoid breaking the perch off.

I've removed the pins and everything is now adjusted to my ergonomic liking. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
468 Posts
It's just a thing that speeds up manufacturing. No need for the pins if you don’t want 'em. I've had a few bikes like that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was able to rotate the bars to get the levers and the mirrors pretty close to where I would put them if they weren't pinned; is it just a matter of unbolting the clamps, pulling the halves apart, removing the pins and then bolting things back in place?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts