Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys tried the Pinlock Anti-fog lens for Arai? I may consider one if they work, and hold up well. Thanks

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Use one on my shoei, love it. Never fogs up, even in rain/snow/below freezing.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have one in my Arai RX7GP. It works really well. I rode 300 miles in disgustingly wet conditions a few weeks back and it didn't steam up at all. Likewise, I went for a spin early yesterday & it was fairly cold, again no misting at all on the pinlock, but when I removed my lid I noticed there was misting on the uncovered portion of the visor.

I'm pretty happy with it, and I'm thinking of getting a photochromatic version for next spring.

By way of contrast, I had a Fog City hyper opticks (photochromatic) shield in my last AGV, and whist it was pretty good, there were occasions when the anti fog coating seemed to become overloaded & allowed the shield to start misting slightly.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll put one on my list of stuff I need.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Careful when cleaning

I use one on my Shoei & love it. Performance is fantastic. Make sure to NEVER clean the inner surface of the pinlock lens. It's coated with a moisture proof film & will scratch VERY easily. They say that water rinsed over it handles cleaning, but I had no luck. The inner lens should easily last a few wet seasons before needing replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts